Got my MBP today.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by EricVT, Mar 17, 2008.

1. EricVT macrumors member

Just thought I would post this thread to let everyone that is still waiting for theirs know that I got mine and it has no issues so far that I can tell. Booted up fine, screen is gorgeous, connected to my network right away and took its new RAM without a fight.

Everything seems to be in top shape.

I'll take some photos later!

Can't say I'm as happy with Fedex though. They left it sitting on my front porch clearly visible for no telling how long today instead of getting a signature from me when I was home like I asked. Anyone could have snatched it and I would have never known what happened to it.

2. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

Congrats glad to hear everything is working good. Pictures are always neat to see.

3. switcher3365 macrumors regular

Yeah. I think you have to request signature service. When my Penryn MBP was backordered, MacMall mailed my printer via UPS and they were going to leave it at my door (and I am in an apartment complex). The package was just the manufacturer's printer box with a FedEx label.

4. speedycar macrumors newbie

Congrats dude!!

Pitty about Fedex, do you have a 17" glossy?

5. Achiever macrumors 6502

Achiever

6. sniperhunter macrumors newbie

yea- post some pics.. gotta see the goodness until i finish saving up money to buy one!

7. coriforia macrumors newbie

I got mine today too! Although the signature was required for mine so I had to leave a signed note to leave it at the sales office. I can't wait to get home and see it! This if my first mac. I bought the MBP $1999 one but upgraded the hard drive to 7200 rpm. I'm so excited! I ordered it 6 days ago.

8. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

Congratulations on your purchase, I'm sure you'll enjoy it! :apple: :)

9. Csmitte macrumors 6502

Csmitte

Nice please buy apple care. congrats on your purchase use it well!

Cheers.

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Congrats on the purchase.

The issue with Fedex is they only require signature for business deliveries or signature requested packages. You should have called them with your tracking number, name, and address and told them to hold your package.