Got my MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by The Flashing Fi, Oct 16, 2007.

1. The Flashing Fi macrumors 6502a

Hey guys. I bought my MBP a few hours ago. They let me open it in store, and I saw no problems. The screen was perfect and beautiful.

The laptop is amazing and puts my old one to shame as far as weight and quality go (and of course speed).

The 1440x900 resolution on this size of a screen look so sharp.

2. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

3. vultureparade macrumors member

Congrats, how was the "opening it in store" experience. They give ya any grief?

4. The Flashing Fi thread starter macrumors 6502a

Actually, they didn't.

I explained to them that it would save me time by not having to drive back there to exchange it.

5. zippster macrumors regular

zippster

is it a problem opening in the store then?

im not exactly local to my store and i intend on doing this at the weekend when i buy my macbook pro?

am i gonna get grief?

6. emac82 macrumors 6502

Possibly. You may not get any grief, but a lot of places don't like opening up laptops to check it out before you buy it, in case you change your mind then they have an open box, etc.......

7. vultureparade macrumors member

The problem with opening one at my local store was that I was told that if there were any dead pixels on the screen, I was stuck with the unit.

It might have just been the manager that was on, but I don't like the idea of opening up a Macbook Pro to find a dead pixel in the center of the screen and then having to pay the restocking fee to get rid of it.