Got my MBP!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Macnator, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Macnator macrumors 6502

Hey everyone. I might have already stated this in another thread but oh well.
    I would like to say that last Saturday was the best day of my life!
    I purchased the base model MBP on sale $200 off at a local electronics store. I absolutely love it!
    I was debating whether to wait or buy. I bought. Do not regret my decision.
    Specs are in my signature! Take a look!

As for updates, New ones may be a little faster but hey,, thats how it goes in the computer world! This machine is wonderful and will last for a couple years atleast!

2. Jonnyfive macrumors regular

3. RealaT macrumors regular

I've got the exact same machine as you except with a 250gb hard drive i installed as well as the 4gb ram that you also have

i've never owned (or even used) an apple machine before, and i've found this to be one of the fastest machines i've ever used, it even outperforms my custom built desktop pc

bought it back in october and never regretted it, loving OSX more every day as i learn more about it

as of last weekend it's now become my primary computer with my desktop being switched off for the first time in years and now hasn't been used at all for 5 days :D

4. freitas macrumors member

Congrats on the MBP. I just got mine a little over a week ago. I upgraded 4GB mem and 320GB HD. The memory was easy. The hard drive was a bit more involved.

Best of luck with the new purchase.

5. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

congratulations. it's a fantastic machine, and i'm kind of sorry i sold mine (but i'm loving my new imac).

6. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Does anybody even buy the MacBook Air? Ever since it came out, I have wondered why anybody would buy it when you can get so much more in a MBP. Sure is nice to know that someday I could surgically put a new hard drive in here. You have no idea how fast 120GB goes when you throw CS3 and your entire music library on here!

7. MacBookJoePro macrumors regular

Congrats!! I just the same base MBP last Friday. I couldn't wait any longer till the new ones come out. I also have 4 gigs of RAM. I have just cleaned and put away my main desktop thats running vista(yuck). That computer will be going to my mother who coincidentally needs a new computer.

:D Yay for us!!

-JoE

8. rsbell macrumors regular

rsbell

Clearly you are not the target market for the MBA.

I have both an MBP and MBA. Each has its use, and each does their respective jobs well.

To follow your logic, why would anyone buy a Lotus Elise when they can buy a 5 series BMW "when you can get so much more"? Simple answer: each has its purpose and target market.

If you're not in the target market for a particular model, shut up and let those who are in the target market enjoy their purchase.

BTW, Macnator: congrats on your new MBP!

9. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

Congrats! The MBP is the best laptop in the world (for me, and maybe you)! :)

10. Nuefox macrumors newbie

Should i buy one also :(
    i'm still waiting for the new one...but i can wait..
    but i want one so bad..

11. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

Buy it from the refurb store, the price is great.

12. deputy_doofy macrumors 65816

deputy_doofy

I have the late 2006 model (see my sig). Best computer I've owned yet. Unless this thing dies prematurely, I'll wait for the Core3 before buying again.

13. Winglet macrumors regular

Winglet

I converted to Mac three months ago with a new MBP and don't know how I stuck it out with Windows as long as I did.

I have only turned on my old 13.3 inch Sony Vaio twice since the switch and that was to get a file or two to put on the Mac.

Know I know what they mean when they say, "Once you go Mac you never go back!"

Enjoy your new toy:)

14. MarkW19 macrumors 65816

I've just returned my brand new MBP 2.2, hoping the new one will come out VERY soon.

Anyway, yes, even in its current form, it's an amazing machine.

I've mostly had desktops all my life, starting with a Performa 6200 (with CD drive, woohoo!), then various PowerMacs etc., inc. a G5 1.8. And, the only other laptop I had was a PowerBook G3 (bronze keyboard). It was a good machine, but I "felt" like I was using a laptop, and just sort of making do with something that was portable, and I'd much prefer to go back to my desktop at home. The G3 just didn't make me feel at home as I do on my desktop, if that makes sense?

BUT, I can honestly say that I forget I'm using a laptop when I use my MBP. It's very well made, and feels premium. I'm more than happy to use it ALL the time. If I need to do a LOT of typing and I'm at home, or watch DVDs/do some stuff with Logic, I just plug it into a bigger monitor/external keyboard and mouse. But, most of the time, it's a joy to use standalone.

Hope you continue enjoying it!