Got my MBP!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NewEyesOpen, Jul 27, 2009.

1. NewEyesOpen macrumors regular

This morning my MBP arrived and I installed the WDC scorpio black. It's running great, however, apart of me is starting to wonder if 320 gigs is going to be enough. I'm going to put all of my music and recordings on a 1TB firewire external, which will leave around 277 gigs on my internal WD drive for temporary files, etc. Do you guys think I'll be okay with keeping the scorpio black inside the MBP? (I got the WD because it had better ratings and was reported to have that click/beep issue as the seagates).

Anyway, rant aside, I am completely enamored with the computer. It's blazingly fast and so snappy. I could not be happier.

2. NP3 macrumors regular

Congrats on your new computer. Amount of space is a personal preference. Assuming you don't need to access ALL of your information ALL the time (some roadwarriors insist on this), just keep buying externals :-D.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

4. NewEyesOpen thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys. I'm about 95% set on keeping the WD internally. It runs so cool and so fast, I'm really enjoying my palms not getting hot and sweating all over this beautiful aluminum. I'm going to get 2 externals to start off with, one for music and recordings and one for all my back up info. On my next mac I'll get at least 500 gigs internally, it will be a desktop no doubt.