Got my new MacBook today BUT............

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by deniser, Feb 7, 2008.

1. deniser macrumors 6502

deniser

Hi all,

I got my new MacBook today. I ordered it online as my nearest store is some 200 miles from me. I am in the UK

I opened it up and it has huge scratches on the lid with dirt in them and looks awful.

I have rung apple who have given me an exchange reference number. They said TNT will be in touch with me to collect the MacBook. The man I spoke to said I would be without a computer for a while but could not give me any details of how long this will be. I will be computerless when this goes as I have already sold my iMac and will be posting that off next week.

Anyone been in this situation before and could tell me how long I will be without a MB. I am considering if it is going to be too long to put up with scratches.

Any advise be much appreciated.........and yes I should not have sold my iMac so quickly I realise that now.

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Generally it will take the same amount of time as it took this one to come.

If you ask very nicely and speak to the right people at the right time of day when they are in the right mood you can get a replacement at door service.

3. deniser thread starter macrumors 6502

deniser

Thanks for that I think I will ring again in the morning. Perhaps at the end of the day was not such a good idea LOL

4. gyumilly macrumors member

I don't know about U.K, but when I was in your situation (U.S.), I kindly asked for an upgrade in shipping, and appple rep indeed did that for me. Once I packed and sent it back, I called Apple with a tracking number, and Apple released a new one for me. Next day, it was at my door stop.

5. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Hopes the wind is in your favour tomorrow. It is quite hard to get them to do it, most reps don't know about it so you have to go up through the chain.

There is only one method of shipping here (slow)