Got my new Macbook.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ZacUSNYR, Feb 4, 2008.

1. ZacUSNYR macrumors regular

Picked up a 2.2 White at the Apple store the other night. Went out to see a movie (Cloverfield - was weird). Walking by the Apple store I decided what a better time now to switch. Blew the money I was saving up to rebuild my desktop.

Absolutely love the thing - going to be ordering up 4gb of memory from NewEgg shortly.

I've always been a fan of apple hardware and mac os x - just never had the oppurtunity to make the switch.

I'm a MCSE and a long time Linux user. Amazed at how easy OS X is to pick up and just use :)

The laptop is quality - my first personal laptop i've bought for myself in 10 years. The keyboard is fantastic, the touchpad is excellent. The whole two finger thing weirded me out in the documents but using it, it just works.

2. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

Glad you're finding it to be an easy switch. I did too :) Welcome! :apple:

3. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

4. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

People still get that cert? :eek:

Enjoy the laptop!

5. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

I was close to the same boat you were in, though I opted to get it online. I love my MB too. But, I was happy I did so much research before switching, think it really helped me with the move. Enjoy!

6. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

Hey Zac -

Welcome to the Mac world and the forum. Come back anytime if you have questions or concerns.

Have fun -GDF

7. mosx macrumors 65816

Let's just hope you don't have to ever send it in for repair, or your case doesn't fall apart. You'll go from loving your Mac to cursing the day you bought it.. like me.

8. Fezzasus macrumors regular

It he does, hopefully he'll have better things to do rather than trolling mac forums.

9. ZacUSNYR thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Understand that computers are mechanical electronics and do break. I've worked on all brands of PCs, desktop and laptops. Everything in this industry has it's faults.

Exactly :) If it breaks, it breaks. Thankfully i'll have a 3 year warranty to cover it and the only thing lost is my time.

10. AirborneAngel macrumors 6502

11. darfel macrumors member

Your first personal laptop in 10 years...well at least you did it right and didn't by a Dell!

12. ZacUSNYR thread starter macrumors regular

My First *new* - I've always gone the hand me down route.

13. bking1000 macrumors 6502a

[deleted my own entry. I started to feed the troll, but decided better against it]

OP -- you'll love the mac. It actually becomes an addiction.

14. Yaboze macrumors 6502a

Yaboze

Grats! I love mine, too. :apple:

4GB is worth it, too.

15. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

Congratulations on your purchase, I'm sure you'll love it. I'm a Microsoft MVP (Windows - Shell/User) and just recently switched over at the middle of January and it's the best computer I've ever owned.

16. heatmiser macrumors 68020

The keyboards are great. Whenever I go back to 'normal' keyboards, they just don't have that zing I get from the Macbook's kb.

17. ZacUSNYR thread starter macrumors regular

Yea I love the keyboard. I'm tempted to buy the wired apple keyboard for my xp machine heh