Got my new MBP but one small issue...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by BlueDolphins, Jan 27, 2010.

1. BlueDolphins macrumors newbie

I got my new MacBook Pro 13 in a few days ago and noticed a slight issue, when I am home using our internet, the mac says something along the lines of 'not connected to internet' but yet i am, because my aim messages still go through but i cannot view any webpages, we have 4 pcs hooked up to this internet and no problems, (only one has issues but thats the actual computer, i think) but this is the first one that is doing this on a frequent basis (anywhere from every 5minutes to 30 minutes). I use this computer at school for about 6 hours a day and i never get that message on their network. for our home internet i either a.) close the lid and reopen it then internet is working or b.) turn of airport and turn it back on them im all set.

But, thats a hassle, is something wrong with my computer, my router? What do i need to do? I'm getting quite frustrated and am not quite impressed with macs internet as of yet because of this, everything else is amazing.

2. Macnaughty macrumors newbie

Have you checked the IP addresses?
    If you're not using assigned IP-adresses, it could be that you're having some sort of an IP conflict.
    We had sort of the same problem with a linksys router, and noticed after a while that it only happened when a windows laptop downstairs and my brothers MBP where both connected.