Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mr miyagi

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 17, 2007
hey all
I got my new MBP 13" base model today. So far I am loving it. Quick silly question, how long should a full charge take?

Also the magsafe charger I think its called, that little stick thing that goes into the side of my MBP, it seems to automatically connect like a magnet both ways. Which way should it be? Also the orange light on it, is that meaning its charging?

Is it ok to use it while being charged or best not? Also i heard you should try have some space between the hardsuface the MBP is on and the MBP, what should i put between it, to let some air go through?

thanks in advance

Patrick J

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Oporto, Portugal
hey all
I got my new MBP 13" base model today. So far I am loving it. Quick silly question, how long should a full charge take?

Also the magsafe charger I think its called, that little stick thing that goes into the side of my MBP, it seems to automatically connect like a magnet both ways. Which way should it be? Also the orange light on it, is that meaning its charging?

Is it ok to use it while being charged or best not? Also i heard you should try have some space between the hardsuface the MBP is on and the MBP, what should i put between it, to let some air go through?

thanks in advance

A few hours. The battery won't perform fully until you have calibrated it.

It can attach either way. The best way with the new adapter would seem to be with the wire pointing out the back, but both ways work. Orange means charging, green means charged. Very light green means Not charging, something it wrong.

You can use it fine when charging.

If the Macbook is on a table, or other flat surface, you will be fine, as the little pads on the bottom provide sufficient airflow. If you use it on a bed, then be careful not to block the vents (at the back of the laptop). For best possible airflow, get a stand, to elevate the back of the laptop. Even so, using it without the stand will be fine.

Agnel

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2010
hey all

thanks in advance
You can charge it either way
It takes anywhere between 1 - 2 hours.

PS: Please read the manual, it has most of your questions answered in it (Everything mac book)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.