Got My New MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Burton8219, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Burton8219 macrumors 6502

Got my new 15" 2.4ghz SR MBP. I posted lots of pics on flickr for all of you who love unboxing photos. I took them with my iPhone so they are decent quality but you get what you are looking at. Just a question... Who knows any good anti-theft programs like LoJack? Thanks and Enjoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12536787@N07/sets/72157601957222149/

2. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Nice machine! I love the pics.

I heard of a program called IAlertU that snaps a picture of whoever touches the kb/laptop and then automatically e-mails you while sirening off, but I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for...I don't know much about those types of programs.
    Sorry not to be of help, maybe someone else knows.

but thanks for sharing the pics!

3. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

Yar, I've been using iAlertU for awhile. It works with your Apple Remote which is awesome. Congratulations on your new MBP, they're great machines. :)

4. majidf macrumors member

Where did you get that nice background? Care to upload it? Btw, congrats! Im also waiting for my MBP 2.4 =)

5. hohohong macrumors 6502

What make is your screen? Looks kinda yellowish?

6. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Oh not not this. The OP clearly didn't say there's anything wrong with the screen and is satisfied with it. Don't start brainwashing him into thinking he has a yellow screen!

7. JasonMac macrumors regular

JasonMac

8. Neutral Gamer macrumors 6502a

Neutral Gamer

Cheers for posting the pics mate and congratulations on your beautiful looking machine!

Photos are always useful for people who are thinking of buying an Apple product and keeps those who are desperately waiting for theirs to arrive (6 days left for me) nice and sane, well kind of ... :)

9. hohohong macrumors 6502

What week is your MBP?

10. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

Agreed! It's like some people here want to find something wrong with your MBP for you. :rolleyes:

11. other macrumors 6502

Uh, either he has the yellow issue or not. It's not like you can brainwash someone into believing it.

12. rosh325 macrumors regular

Just to go back to the original question about lojack etc.

I use undercover:

http://www.orbicule.com/undercover/

They have student and family pricing and I have had no problem with it. I have actually had to contact the creator a couple of time with questions and he always answered the same day. Very happy.

Enjoy your new machine

13. Burton8219 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey guys. a question... How do you check the week your MBP was made

14. The Stig macrumors 6502a

The Stig

Undercover is the way to go if you are serious about protecting your MBP with software. iAlertU isn't very good and it is kinda silly. Undercover is the better choice.

The Stig

15. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

Congrats on your new MBP! We've got the same preference! I'm jealous of your new smaller power brick!!

P.S. To check your build week simply look at your serial number. For example W8*25******* (the fourth and fifth digit signifies the build week).

16. jczubach macrumors 6502

jczubach

17. theman macrumors 6502a

OH MAN....

I was not expecting to get my MBP until tomorrow, but as i was leaving for school, the Fedex truck pulled into the driveway.... :) I am so excited. I have it all set up now. The scary part though was when I first turned it on, and the gray screen came up, there was this very distinct yellowing at the bottom, but now it appears to be much less obvious than before... i think.

18. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

Happy now, hohohong?! :rolleyes: