Got my phone replaced, should I sell it & prepare for iPhone 5, or wait?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMattcotv, Sep 13, 2011.

1. iMattcotv macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

Got the iPhone 4 replaced due to home button not working (and driving me insane to the point where I *ALMOST* took a hammer & smashed it)

Shortly after, I realised... Woah.. This is a brand new phone, which means I can sell it @ full price (not retail, reg asking price but it being a brand new one is a selling point!)

When should I sell it... Before the phone comes out, or just wait?

2. Peanut207 macrumors 6502

Peanut207

I would wait for the iPhone5 to come out, then sell. The iPhone4 shouldn't lose much value when the iPhone5 is released. Just be sure to sell it within a month after release. I'm assuming if you wait much longer than that the value will start to go down quickly.

I'm using a cheap LG phone right now after my iPhone4 went for a swim last week :( and it's tough! Since it's not covered under warranty i'm just going to hold out for the iPhone5. But if I were in your situation, I would definitely wait to sell. Why torture yourself without having your iPhone? Besides, we STILL don't even know when the release date is.

3. Hey! macrumors member

i guess it's good to go at the moment apple sends out invitation for the event. But you sure it's new ? Not refurbished :O?

4. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

Just keep it... It's not brand new enough to sell for an amazing price. I mean, it's not "in-box"

I just got my iPhone 4 replaced too, due to home button issues. I thought about selling it then, but ya know, it wouldn't have sold for that much more than any other iPhone 4, and I can't live without my smartphone. So here I am, typing away on it :)

5. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Just wait And see if the 5 is worth it

If apple don't increase the screen, camera and is a fair bit faster it may. E worth it

6. iMattcotv thread starter macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

Its completely new. I took off the screen protection stickers & everything!
    I was surprised that for such a small issue, they replaced it for a completely new & refreshed phone!
    The battery is back up to par on what it used to be a few months ago before it started dying a little faster (went from about 6 hours on full charge to anywhere between 4-6 depending how hot it was)

I myself had it replaced due to the home button issue.. it would work, then not work at times, & it drove me fkn insane O_O..

Funny enough, the Apple guy who was checking out the issue, didnt run into the issue at all.
    It wasnt until he was about to hand me the phone that the issue started happening..
    Which wouldnt matter anyway, because I drove an hour away to get there, & I wouldnt leave without a replacement. Id literally rob the place if I had too lol (jk obvii, but I'd certainly not give up at all)

I think im going to wait until the apple event is announced, or possibly the keynote before I sell the phone.
    Im ok with living with a different phone..
    It is important to me because I use it to pay my bills, check my balance & do important business monitoring & stuff.. but that can all be done in an inconvenient yet still possible way.

7. Uln4321 macrumors regular

Thats what i did this past weekend! couldn't stand the home button now responding anymore so I went and got a replacement. Sold it with the plastics still on it! :D

Edit: I also had the box. And the headphone and chargers were still wrapped in plastic since I used them from other advices in the past