Got my refurb iPad 3 yesterday

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jirodesign, Aug 16, 2012.

1. jirodesign macrumors newbie

Saved $100 buying my refurb on a state tax holiday last weekend. 32GB with 4G. Everything works fine but when I tried to activate cellular I got error message. I took it to the Verizon store and they said the serial number is not on their list so I couldn't activate. They had to submit a form and now I have to wait 3 days before I can activate 4G. Anyone else have this happen with refurbs?

2. 617aircav Suspended

Nice. I got one off Craigslist iPad 3 32gb AT&T for $420

3. MusicEnthusiast macrumors 6502

MusicEnthusiast

Where did you buy your referb? I haven't seen any on Apple's site.

4. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

5. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

6. Tomacorno macrumors regular

I picked up a refurb new iPad and sold my Gen 1. Saved $50 on the refurb and another $300 by selling my 64 Gig 3G. I did not want to feel guilty aso I put the ad up with the the warning that it would not support iOS 6. May be why so many people tried to talk me down. I would point out that the refurb was going for $529 when available on Apple store and they could pay the extra $229 for the one year warranty.

Have not put it through its paces yet, it is clearly nicer but doesn't seem like the huge leap I was expecting. I am not complaining! It is faster, the screen is amazing, and it has a decent camera. However, had I not seen that iOS 6 was not supporting the iPad 1, I probably would have just held on to it until someone took it from me. Mainly used for writing, surfing, daily planner, and notes.

7. 617aircav Suspended

Same.

8. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

I'm curious which feature or features in iOS 6 were so important to you?

I looked at the list and I'm interested in the new Maps app, especially Turn-By-Turn navigation. Facetime over 3G will be nice too, unless my carrier charges for it. Other than that, it's sort of MEH.

I'd like really like to see better task switching and multitasking some day. The HP TouchPad, despite being a total market failure, has taught me how bad iOS is in those two areas.