Got my Retina screen replaced in Brazil

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mdv2, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Mdv2 macrumors regular

So a few weeks ago I started noticing backlight bleed on my late 2013 Macbook Pro, which I had bought last year in December while living in the UK. See the awful picture for your reference.

Since then, I have moved to Brazil and with less than a month warranty left, I thought I may as well have the screen replaced. To my surprise, however, there are no Apple stores yet around here. So I brought my Macbook to an authorized service provider last Monday and picked it up today.

I am not sure if this is a normal procedure but in addition to the screen they have also give me a new aluminum top outer case, with which I am very happy. I no longer have the LG screen, but got a Samsung screen instead.

All together, I am very satisfied with Apple's service - even in far away locations without official presence.

[​IMG]

2. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

Good result.

FYI The display and lid come as as single assembly. It's not designed as a serviceable part.

3. crawler1975 macrumors regular

crawler1975

Good to hear that you are happy with the service. WIthout reading your post, I assumed that you were going to rant :)...