Got my Smart Cover before my iPad....sucks.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by deftdrummer, Mar 15, 2011.

1. deftdrummer macrumors regular

So here I am looking at the revolutionary smart cover but no ipad. Online ordering has definitely taken the wind out of my sails. Ship date is April 1. Just wanted to vent.

2. BJB Productions macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Try sleeping with your SmartCover. It might help. Ya know... snuggling with it to relieve the stress and all.

3. bchreng macrumors 6502a

bchreng

You think that's bad... I've downloaded all sorts of free apps so far, but have no iPad to load them onto. :(

4. iPad 2nd Gen macrumors regular

You're one of those disgusting cretins who will spend 500+ on a tablet but can't spare 99c for a quality app.

5. hcho3 macrumors 68030

They were all free. So, what is this about? Return them if you don't like them.

6. bchreng macrumors 6502a

bchreng

Sorry but message was meant for OP not you. You wouldn't understand.

7. iPhisch macrumors 6502

i played with the smart cover at BB today (my iPad hasn't shipped yet...) I'm not impressed, no way this thing is worth 39 bucks, let alone 69. It doesn't even fasten to the back when flipped around! You have to hold the iPad with 2 hands or it starts to roll up on itself. If the iPad had one magnet on the back side close to the volume, it would be fine. But 39 bucks? ehhh.

8. dadoftwogirls macrumors 6502

dadoftwogirls

Make it into the triangle stand and use it as a pillow. Or maybe see if the magnets stick to the metal plate in your head like mine does. You do have a metal plate, right? :eek:

9. shareef777 macrumors 68000

shareef777

I ordered two iPads (64GB black for myself and a 16GB white for my daughter), two covers (grey for me, pink for the little one), and the AV adapter.

Here are the delivery dates:

March 15 - Pink cover (arrived)
    March 16 - Grey cover (on truck)
    March 25 - AV adapter
    April 6 - 64GB iPad
    April 8 - 16GB iPad

Gonna be a long March lol

10. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Well at least you can imagine the iPad a little easier...

11. Fisticuffs2065 macrumors member

Man that is such a tease! Don't worry. Like people say, the longer you wait for something the more grateful you will be for having it! :)

12. iserian macrumors 6502

Not to worry op. Rest assured it sucks just as bad before.after.next to.behind... you get the point.

13. advan031 macrumors 6502

14. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

15. deftdrummer thread starter macrumors regular

I would go to an Apple store by the closest one is 87 miles away. Already went to best buy and they don't even have a floor model to play around with, which is probably for the better cause I'm sure there would have been a line even for that!

I've never even held one of these. I guess what someone said is right..I can just envision the ipad I guess.

16. ravenas macrumors regular

This is why I did not order a smart cover, dock or AV connector when I placed my iPad 2 order Friday night. I knew I'd get the accessories long before the device and suffer the pangs of want.

I had thought I wouldn't bother with the smart cover. I don't like that it leaves the back unprotected. But I was in the Apple Store today and got to play with one. It's kinda cool.

I still think it is inadequate protection and therefore far too overpriced. I prefer to wait for a 3rd party or Smart Cover 2.0 that incorporates a skin on the back.