Got my SR Macbook today!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by babond, Nov 24, 2007.

1. babond macrumors member

Ok so after messing with this thing for the last two hours I must say I'm in love! This computer is amazing in every aspect. I do feel the colors are a little bit washed out but when I compared it to my ibook the macbook owned! I'm also pretty picky when it comes to this stuff and had I not known it was a problem that people were complaining about it wouldn't haven even crossed my mind. The only major downfall is the hum the computer produces (fans). It is pretty annoying but I can live with it. Earlier though I wasn't doing anything but browsing the web and the fan got super loud for like 3 minutes (can anyone explain that?). I'm really happy with this machine but the hum could get annoying in the class room....think i could get an exchange at the apple store? Other than the small fan issue this computer is AMAZING!

2. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

Get SMC Fan Control to control your fans if its that annoying. As far as your colors being washed out do a search on the forums and you will see people did a calibration.

3. remyink macrumors newbie

I got my wife a Macbook about 2 weeks ago and the first one was having wifi and keyboard issues. We went to the apple store and they gave us another one. The second 1 has no problems at all. I havent heard the fan come on at all in two weeks. For the screen we did a calibration and it looks a lot better. A lot of people say they get hot but my wifes macbook doesnt even get warm. Its the quietest labtop ive used next to my MBP;)

4. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Use Supercal for your calibration needs to get rid of that "washed out" look. :)

5. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

needed a second mac and bought a 2.2 MB. Its as fast as my MBP. :eek:

6. vanc macrumors 6502

When spotlight does the initial indexing, it will use a lot of CPU and the temperature will go up quickly.

7. Billy Bob macrumors regular

I'm sorry to hear that I recommend returning it and going back to your ibook until apple puts something decent on the market