Got my Thunderbolt Display. Fonts look fuzzy.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by gowanis, Oct 2, 2012.

1. gowanis macrumors 6502

I caved in and bought the Thunderbolt Display today. I wanted to wait for the new model, but I decided to just bite the bullet and get it.

I am using it with a rMBP, and I have the resolution set at a full 2560x1440. Images look stunning, but I am severely disappointed in the text. Its just not sharp. Could it be I'm expecting too much given the awesome quality of the retina display on the Macbook? The text on the TB dare I say looks worse than my Windows machine with 1920x1080 ? Maybe something is wrong here? HELP!!

2. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

Just throwing ideas out there, but do you have font smoothing turned on? Settings>General

3. gowanis thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok so I just drove back to the store to have a look at the display model to compare, and its basically the same. Bottom line is that I've been spoiled by the retina display on the laptop itself! When you use retina for a while, inferior resolution in text becomes very noticeable (even at 2650x1440.

4. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

When I plugged in my monitor (same setup as you), the fonts did look a little fuzzy. I then went into setting and selected the option under displays and click the resolution best for display. I then restarted while connected to my monitor and haven't has any issues since.