Got my Touch (pics)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by WILLDOGS, Sep 15, 2007.

1. WILLDOGS macrumors regular

Purchased in the Garden State Plaza Apple Store in New Jersey

Well, I officially own my very first ipod. It is a belated birthday gift from my girlfriend. She originally purchased the 30gb ipod for me a little before my birthday on the 7th, but then she returned it for me and got a credit for the touch.

We were going to order it online since apple.com states that they are not shipping until the 28th, but while we were in the mall yesterday we decided to pop into the apple store to see if they had any on display to play with.

While we were walking around, they had a ton of the new ipod Nano's but no Touch's to play with at all and no advertising for it. Just as we were about to walk out I decided to ask one of the guys there if they had any in stock and he whispered to me "if you go to the register and ask for one, we should have 2 or 3 of them in stock". I was like "NICE!".

We wait in line for about 5-10 minutes and I didn't see anyone else purchasing any touch's. All of a sudden I get to the register and just politely say "can I have an 8gb touch please". She looked at me for a second and then slowly went to get one like "how does he know we have them"?

My girl paid and we were on my way out. I thanked the guy who told me that they had them in stock and also asked the him if he had any cases for it and his response was "dude, we aren't even supposed to be selling these yet, there is nothing available for it yet" and we both laughed and we left.

Not sure if they were playing it up making me think that I am special for even getting one yet, but whatever...i gots me my new toy :)

P.S. Yes I got the 8GB vs the 16GB for a few reasons:

1. It is a gift and free to me, i'm not going to complain.
    2. I don't own much music and I have no problem re-loading my playlists from time to time.
    3. I know I will probably either lose it, drop it, or lose interest in it a while from now, so less

money wasted haha

I've only played with it a bit, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE it so far. The wifi is AWESOME and picked up my home router in a flash. Surfing the web on it is fast as hell.

The 30 second previews on the apple store are great, you spend time just browsing and listening to different songs to pass the time.

You can plug this thing into a TV?! Who knew? It's got TV out as long as you get the correct cable for it.

Any other questions, tips or tricks, let me know. Like I said I am a newbie to this world.

Some pics of the unveiling:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. nlivo macrumors 6502a

very nice. i like the story in the apple store. i cant believe there is someone out there that hasnt had an iPod since now. I'm amazed. I think this has convinced me to go for the touch instead of the crappy classic. thank you. so how is it? oh and don't steal music....since your new to iTunes and all that you will find it so much more satisfying actually to buy music. it just feels good. any problems with it so far???

3. caMi macrumors regular

Just for future reference You don't have to block out the part number. Every one has the same number on their box.

Serial Number is not a bad idea though.

Better safe than sorry! ;)

4. blumoon macrumors member

oh, nice birthday gift. Enjoy it. I thought I was the only one who got their first iPod this year. I only have the shuffle but I love it. :)

5. Dijo John macrumors member

Congrats!
    Did you notice any issues with the screen or the sound quality?