Got my week 37 touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bimmerchop, Sep 30, 2007.

1. bimmerchop macrumors regular

Well, my gf ordered me a touch for my bday... it was scheduled to arrive here on Oct 2-4 but to my surprise it was at my door step yesterday morning. At first, I was disappointed to find out they shipped me a week 37 touch after hearing about so many screen problems... however, I opened up the box, ran the latest update, synced it... and I'm happy to report that as far as I can tell, the screen is perfectly fine. No negative blacks when looking at it head on, no dead pixels, no nothing. I have yet to go compare it to an iphone screen and won't be able to until next week, but so far I am extremely happy with my week 37 touch.

I know this is probably a pointless thread, but after lurking around this touch forum, reading about so many threads complaining about the screen and fearing the worst, I'm excited that my touch is fine and figured I should at least toss this thread into the mix to be different :p

I'll try to get a screen shot sometime this week to post it up in this thread. :)

One thing though that pisses me off beyond belief is FedEx. The package delivery required signature approval... but instead it was just left at my door step out in the open. :mad:

2. willyu macrumors newbie

You have shine a ray of hope on me, as I am getting a week 37 too from Apple...:eek:

3. AsherC macrumors newbie

ive get a week 37 too, ive actually got a week 39 coming from apple but that will be going straight back as the week 37 is perfect as far as i can tell

4. keirnna macrumors regular

keirnna

Just call Apple and tell them you didn't receive it and if there is no signature that Fed-ex has they will have to send you a new iPod on Fed-Ex's dime.

5. zepharus macrumors 6502a

zepharus

This is precisely why we pay so much for things.....Ah Dishonesty.. the American way.

6. ozlurker macrumors newbie

Better still why not do something a little less dishonest. Perhaps like asking Fed-Ex why their employee has left a valuable piece of equipment on the doorstep when they are not suppose to deliver it unless someone is there to sign for it. I should think Apple might consider things like this the next time the contract for their deliveries comes up for review.

7. keirnna macrumors regular

keirnna

Do you think Fed-Ex will learn a lesson when you call them and complain, but it costs them nothing? No! Do you think if they have to fork over money for failing to do their job they will learn? Maybe not at first, but after a while. Secondly I live in Japan where we have the finest delivery companies on earth. I wouldn't do this, but I was advising him of his options. Quit being a prude.

8. ozlurker macrumors newbie

With all due respect, since when is stealing an option? If you wouldn't do this why would you advise this person to do it? I agree that Fed-Ex is wrong but doing what you suggested is hardly an appropriate response. If you want to at least attempt to make Fed-Ex 'pay' perhaps it might be an idea to also advise Apple of their actions. As I said before this information may be taken into account the next time their contract is up for renewal and I am sure loss of Apples' business would cost them a whole lot more than the cost of an Ipod.

9. bimmerchop thread starter macrumors regular

Well, since my gf had ordered it for me, I had her check the delivery status through her email on my touch. According to the fedex site, the package was delivered and SIGNED for by me.

Uhh... since I never signed for it, I asked her to see if she could get proof of the signature, which she did. She downloaded a pdf file showing a signature of my name, but not MY signature. I never signed for it, neither did my brother and mother who I happen to live it. It didn't even remotely look close to my handwriting.

The signature of my name was not done by me, or any of the other people living in this house. I guess its an accepted practice for the FedEx delivery employees to forge my own signature and leave valuable items on my doorstep :mad:

10. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

Hah... I was thinking along similar lines.

11. themiracle macrumors regular

The same thing happened in to me a year ago, only it was a Mac Pro in this case :eek: It had been on my doorstep for almost 6 hours when I got home.