Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

agallowa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Citrus Heights, CA
ya i just did a plain white front but i didnt apply it on my phone my wife wanted it on hers though i ordered her the same one i dont have a pic of the front of her phone i can take one tonight though for you guys i prefer the black front but she likes the white front as well. it looks good both ways though especially with her white bumper it comes out good.

desol8tor

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2010
Here is my version. I made a dark red apple to match a similar mod that I applied to my Macbook Pro. If you don't like it, 10 minutes in photoshop can change the color of the apple.

I also spent hours making the stupid little regulatory symbols at the bottom. Everything is verbatim minus one little change...

4812586900_0f43b225df.jpg

...and this is the link to the full 900x1500 needed for the custom gelaskin maker http://www.mediafire.com/i/?9cmq88fdirle79g

agallowa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Citrus Heights, CA
that looks real nice good work. that must have been a pain in the butt to get all that fcc crap and info on there just right. i preferred just the apple logo and iphone on the back to keep it clean. i never liked all that junk they put on the back there. great job though cant wait to see the final product.:D

desol8tor

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2010
that looks real nice good work. that must have been a pain in the butt to get all that fcc crap and info on there just right. i preferred just the apple logo and iphone on the back to keep it clean. i never liked all that junk they put on the back there. great job though cant wait to see the final product.:D

lol yeah I tried to made it as official as possible. I haven't gotten a tracking number or shipping confirmation yet (submitted it late Sunday) but I will post pictures once I receive and install them.

nin7474

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2009
There should be a recall page or link announcement this week from GELASKIN about customers that has the old cut-out.

agallowa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Citrus Heights, CA
ya you will probley get one either today or tomorow from my experience with my order and shipping time. it took a few days once shipped to get here to northern california. im currently going bumperless with the skin cause i cant charge the dang thing with my bumper on here at work with my kensington travel charger... stupid. i dont get why apple made these things to pretty much only be used with the regular charging cable its a pain.

Bootsie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2008
Utah
This is sweet, I really wish that they had a Matte option, if they did I would order this today.

SophiaLee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
Here is my version. I made a dark red apple to match a similar mod that I applied to my Macbook Pro. If you don't like it, 10 minutes in photoshop can change the color of the apple.

I also spent hours making the stupid little regulatory symbols at the bottom. Everything is verbatim minus one little change...

4812586900_0f43b225df.jpg

...and this is the link to the full 900x1500 needed for the custom gelaskin maker http://www.mediafire.com/i/?9cmq88fdirle79g

That looks awesome.

agallowa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Citrus Heights, CA
wow you have alot of bubbling on there with the bumper i dont have that at all. i had some at first but after getting the skin to lay down all the way on the edges its not a problem any more. i like the skin though very creative.

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
OH
wow you have alot of bubbling on there with the bumper i dont have that at all. i had some at first but after getting the skin to lay down all the way on the edges its not a problem any more. i like the skin though very creative.

I had the same issue. I took the bumper off for a few days and let it set in good and it seems to have alleviated it.

Vader Was Frame

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2008
good protection?

So I'm guessing that these serve as pretty good protection for the iphone back (in addition to looking damn sexy)? I'm thinking of using one + bumper + plus leather pouch for transportation.

Anyone else doing this?

cdebnil

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010

That looks awesome! hopefully you don't mind if i use your artwork for my gelaskin? I have no artistic ability.

C-Boo

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2010
Just got my White Rainbow Gelaskin today. :) Popped it on with Clear Case and protective reflective screen. Pics below :p
C-BOO

Attachments

• 038.JPG
    038.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 127
  • 039.JPG
    039.JPG
    874.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 041.JPG
    041.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 81
  • 044.JPG
    044.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 92

GeneticFreak84

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2008
ya i just did a plain white front but i didnt apply it on my phone my wife wanted it on hers though i ordered her the same one i dont have a pic of the front of her phone i can take one tonight though for you guys i prefer the black front but she likes the white front as well. it looks good both ways though especially with her white bumper it comes out good.

Updated front pics?

agallowa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Citrus Heights, CA
sorry i havent had time to take another picture.... there is a picture posted from another member on the gelaskins main post and he has the same white front you can check that out on the same accessories page

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.