Got my XSi, some pictures

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by romanaz, Dec 9, 2008.

1. romanaz macrumors regular

romanaz

just got my XSi yesterday, and here are some of the better shots from my card the last two days. Don't mind the one HDR shot, I was playing around with that and it looks okay.

http://gallery.me.com/simonsb/100087

I'll be updating this gallery as often as I can with new shots. All shots are how they were from the camera (minus the HDR).

Constructive criticism is welcome!

-romanaz

2. BoingoBongo macrumors regular

Fun camera. What lens did you get with it? The new kit lens is surprisingly nice.

3. romanaz thread starter macrumors regular

romanaz

I ended up with the kit lens the 18-55 IS, and it was bundled with the 55-250 IS as well, for around 789. I took nearly 1200 shots yesterday, going to go through them and upload the best ones. I got a lot of sequence shots of my olympic-style weightlifting friends (main reason I bought the camera) and I will have a new album up on them as well, just gotta color correct them (lesson learned, set white balance and check shots before you turn off preview after shot).

4. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

5. romanaz thread starter macrumors regular

romanaz

haha, understood. Even so, I think the ones of my friend painting didn't come out to bad.

Can't wait for winter break though, free time to go out and get some nice nature and city shots.

6. Foxtrot Oscar macrumors member

Very good! (the rule that is) :p

Fox

7. marioman38 macrumors 6502a

marioman38

Woah, that is one sharp HDR, may I point you to photomatrix? Otherwise, tweak your settings ;)

8. romanaz thread starter macrumors regular

romanaz

yeah I downloaded photomatix, and that HDR shot came out a LOT better. Photoshop ain't really that good for HDR after playing w/ photomatix. I'll be uploading those shots tonight hopefully after my finals.

9. gmecca2 macrumors regular

Not to be harsh but the picture in the gallery are very boring. It just seems like no thought was taken in what you were trying to capture.

Sorry. I'm just a real honest person.

10. romanaz thread starter macrumors regular

romanaz

You are right, no thought was put into it. Just playing around with it. My next gallery with my weightlifting friends has more direction. I'll get better with story over time. My thing is, I'm a video guy, so telling a story with one shot is a new thing to me.