Got myself an iBook! But...

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by user1690, Nov 15, 2011.

1. user1690 macrumors regular

user1690

Hey guys,

So i got myself an iBook from eBay (Bargain at £60) and it works pretty well except i noticed the seller never included the Additional Software and Apple Hardware Test CD.

I would simply like to know where to get a Apple Hardware Test image file or CD, according to some research i did i require Apple Hardware Test 2.2.1 since thats what is apparently on the Additional Software and Apple Hardware Test CD.

Any information is appreciated. :)

Incase you need this in order to help, heres the iBook specs right off the box;

iBook 12" 1.2GHz/256/30G/Combo/AMX

2. Goftrey macrumors 68000

Goftrey

Hey man! I used to have an iBook G3 (but it died of the backlight issue...)

I can't tell you where to download it becuase piracy is not tolerated by the forums,but there's a few on eBay for £10-£15 ($15-20)....

eBay is the single best place to look my friend :') And good luck with the iBook! Keep me posted ;)

3. user1690 thread starter macrumors regular

user1690

Yeah i thought as much, no worries, will go and search eBay now and i might buy a copy of Leopard while im at it :D

-Thanks for the reply! :)

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Leopard on 256MB of memory won't be pretty...get a RAM upgrade first. :D

5. user1690 thread starter macrumors regular

user1690

Yeah it needs 512MB Minimum with 1GB being recommended anyway. Will probably buy a 1GB Module. :)

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

My iBook G4 had 1.125GB at the point where I sold it, and the experience on Tiger at least was really good. Enjoy!

Oh, PS, the Apple test CD doesn't really do much... if you paid 60 pounds for the notebook, I don't think it's worth paying 10 more for the test CD, personally.

7. user1690 thread starter macrumors regular

user1690

I guess your right :p I guess i wanted it to make the set feel more complete. I got everything else, restore disks, manuals, box, everything. Just no hardware test disk.

8. Goftrey macrumors 68000

Goftrey

Yeah I agree, but definitely upgrade to 1gb, it'll only set you back a few bob, and it'll run Leopard great :D

Can you post all the specs up for us? :p