got new iMac 27 today

Discussion in 'iMac' started by jvmxtra, Jul 23, 2011.

1. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

everything is awesome.

Until you plug in second monitor and external monitor flickers.. Hello apple? with???? $2000 machine, can we have them play happy w/ external monitor? Some people use this machine for some serious work... wtF

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Try a different monitor if you can and also try the monitor with a different computer. Contact Apple if you can't solve it.

3. FrankHahn macrumors 6502a

Sorry to learn that the external monitor does not work well with your new iMac. See if adjusting the settings helps. Also, check if the used cable and adapter are proper. I am sure that Apple will try to solve this problem for you if you can not do it on your own. Just call Apple if needed!

4. jvmxtra thread starter macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

ok so I am just wondering if no one else is having this issue or not many people in this forum uses external monitor along w/ iMac? I don't think I am the only one w/ this issue. When I had mbp, I saw the same problem but after one specific update, problem was pretty much gone.

5. jvmxtra, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011

jvmxtra thread starter macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

Trying to embed a quick youtube video I made for this issue but cannot.

Here's the link if anyone's interested seeing. (EDIT, I guess MR just make it work without any special code... NICE!!! )