got new imac (need help putting new music on iphone)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by babsvii, Apr 23, 2009.

1. babsvii macrumors regular

babsvii

Hi i bought a new iMac and i want to put new music on my iphone, but when i try to drag the songs onto my iphone it wont let me (I was using a pc before)... and its looking like i have to re sync my iphone and add all the music all over again... is there anyway i can add music with out reformatting my iphone? can i only use my iphone on one computer??

2. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Do you still have your PC hooked up and on the network?

I did it for my girlfriend when she got a macbook. I copied all her mp3s over the network to her mac in the YOURUSERNAME/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music and her iTunes xml files that are on the pc in documents and applications/itunes to YOURUSERNAME/Music/iTunes dir.

I think it was..

THen you fire up iTunes on the mac and you should see the library exactly like it was on the pc. I would also click on the advanced menu in itunes and authorize that itunes to use the same itunes account so it authorizes all the "legal" music.

Then SYNC.. in theory hehe.

3. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

in theory lol

4. babsvii thread starter macrumors regular

babsvii

im transfering my music via usb port... which is retarded... my music library looks nothing like it did on my pc... what did u use to transfer from ur pc? im just coping them all on to the usb port then dragging them on to itunes... im probably doing it the hard way thats just the way the guy at the store told me to do it... when i droped the first music onto the itunes on my imac it asked me if i wanted to authorize that itunes and i said yes... now i have been downloading new music to add to my iphone but its not letting me....

5. muledogus macrumors 6502

Do you have the manually manage songs box checked?

6. babsvii thread starter macrumors regular

babsvii

when i go into my ipod and try and click that it tells me that my ipod is linked to another library and that i have to erase and sync to my imac... and dont really want to do that cause then i need to add everything all over again... i will do it if i have to but i think i shouldnt have too...

7. muledogus macrumors 6502

Try plugging it into your orignial computer, deselecting auto sync and check manually manage then disconnect it. Plug it back into the new computer and see if it lets you then.

8. babsvii thread starter macrumors regular

babsvii

on my old pc it is checked manually manage.