Got new iphone, got a problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by UnLiMiTeD558, Mar 8, 2010.

1. UnLiMiTeD558 macrumors 6502

I made a post a couple weeks ago about my iphone not being picked up under my computer as a camera device to take off photos. Showed up in itunes fine, would charge the phone, just wouldnt show up as a camera under my computer.

So anyways, i got to the apple store, they cant obviously verify the issue because they dont have pc's in there so they give me a new phone. I take the phone home, plug it in, tada, picks it up as a camera no problem. So i go load the backup i saved and restore the phone, now the phone doesnt show up anymore as a camera.

So theres something thats on the phone or in the settings thats stopping the phone from showing as a camera. What the heck could it be? Im lost..

2. macman4789 macrumors regular

Something to do with it being formatted in Apple instead of Windows? Or some sort of Apple settings?

In OS X it will automatically load up Image capture or Aperture depending on what program you have for photos, so what software do you have to manage photos? Perhaps it's not set yo load up automatically when a camera is plugged in.

Just a thought...

3. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

well thats just a lie. you may have set it so, but its not automatic

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Have you rebooted the PC? Your iPhone?

5. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

The backup that you have is corrupted. Theirs nothing wrong with the phone.. I recommend downloading a backup extractor to get the pictures off from the phone.. Just google iphone backup extractor.. And extract the backup file on the computer. Copy the pictures.. Then i would restore my phone to factory settings. DO NOT RESTORE FROM BACKUP. and that should fix your problem..

6. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

o just thought of something.. try this first..
    go to settings > general > reset > reset all settings

See if that works

7. UnLiMiTeD558 thread starter macrumors 6502

Also if i set it up as a new phone, how will i get all my contacts back?

8. UnLiMiTeD558 thread starter macrumors 6502

restored the phone back to factory, still wont pick it up. Ever since i loaded the back up, it no longer shows it as a camera. I even deleted the back up folders so they arent even in the system

yea... did that, still nothing.. Im so lost, so is apple tech support, they said brining it back to factory settings should have done it. Especially when the phone was being picked up before i loaded the back up.

9. UnLiMiTeD558 thread starter macrumors 6502

just thought i would give an update. It was something in the back up that was currupt. I reset the phone to factory, took a few pics and deleted the back up right off the pc and it now works.

10. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

so you never tried restoring!!!! you always try restoring first.

11. UnLiMiTeD558 thread starter macrumors 6502

No I did 3 times, didn't work untill I completely deleted the back up off my pc and then reinstall I tunes