got new rmbp the whole store stopped applauded

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Qbiinz, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Qbiinz macrumors newbie

Gone into the apple store more than a dozen times in the last 3 days(i only live 3 blocks from it). They were only shipped ONE rmbp and luckily it was the higher end one and luckily i showed up 10 min after it got delivered. Today i had gone in every hour to check if the shippment had arrived. All the employees stopped and applauded, and were like"dude, congrats on getting the only one!!" made me feel special. Now I'm writing this post on it while i wait for diablo to finish downloading. Heres a pic.

edit: they did have 4 on display but took one down while i was buying this one. also all the rmbp's they had on display were the lower 2.3ghz version

Attached Files:

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Lol I think its wierd how they do that. I got congratulated on getting an iphone 4 on launch day and on a mbp a few days ago...though not like yours lol. Congratulations? for what? I just bought a doodad lol

3. pragmatous macrumors 65816

It's fanboyism/nationalism. Nothing wrong with it in moderation:apple:.

4. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Haha, when we got my white iPhone 4S, One of my friends (who is an employee) shouted out, WE SOLD A 4S, and everyone in the store just started cheering and clapping and saying congratulations.

5. skiffx macrumors 6502a

What does higher end one mean exactly? All maxed out or .... details please.

6. Martialis macrumors member

Um. Ok? Probably would have been easier to just order it online for pick up in store.

7. Zeov macrumors 6502a

Zeov

When i got my iPad 3 in germany, everyone was going nuts, everyone clapping and the moaning eyes when i walked past 100 meters of Apple fans waiting in line.. was awesome.

never seen this when any other brands.

8. Martialis macrumors member

That would honestly just freak me the hell out.

9. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

10. Zeov macrumors 6502a

Zeov

Well the cheering and shaking hands with all the Apple employees was great fun, they even gave out free water bottles for everyone! (was awesome since we waited like 9-10 hours outside)

But yeah, when i had the iPad and walked pass all the people waiting in line i was aware that some insane person would go out and rob me :D but weren't freaked out or anything.

11. Qbiinz thread starter macrumors newbie

they don't have instore pick up for online purchases right now, its been disabled.

----------

not all maxed out I'm not even sure if you can purchase the 2.7ghz processor and and 768gb ssd without customizing it on the online store.

the one i got was the 2.6ghz processor with the 512gb ssd