got new rmbp the whole store stopped applauded

Qbiinz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
Gone into the apple store more than a dozen times in the last 3 days(i only live 3 blocks from it). They were only shipped ONE rmbp and luckily it was the higher end one and luckily i showed up 10 min after it got delivered. Today i had gone in every hour to check if the shippment had arrived. All the employees stopped and applauded, and were like"dude, congrats on getting the only one!!" made me feel special. Now I'm writing this post on it while i wait for diablo to finish downloading. Heres a pic.

edit: they did have 4 on display but took one down while i was buying this one. also all the rmbp's they had on display were the lower 2.3ghz version

Attachments

dukebound85

macrumors P6
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
Lol I think its wierd how they do that. I got congratulated on getting an iphone 4 on launch day and on a mbp a few days ago...though not like yours lol. Congratulations? for what? I just bought a doodad lol

pragmatous

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2012
It's fanboyism/nationalism. Nothing wrong with it in moderation:apple:.

Lol I think its wierd how they do that. I got congratulated on getting an iphone 4 on launch day and on a mbp a few days ago...though not like yours lol. Congratulations? for what? I just bought a doodad lol

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Haha, when we got my white iPhone 4S, One of my friends (who is an employee) shouted out, WE SOLD A 4S, and everyone in the store just started cheering and clapping and saying congratulations.

skiffx

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2008
Gone into the apple store more than a dozen times in the last 3 days(i only live 3 blocks from it). They were only shipped ONE rmbp and luckily it was the higher end one and luckily i showed up 10 min after it got delivered. Today i had gone in every hour to check if the shippment had arrived. All the employees stopped and applauded, and were like"dude, congrats on getting the only one!!" made me feel special. Now I'm writing this post on it while i wait for diablo to finish downloading. Heres a pic.

edit: they did have 4 on display but took one down while i was buying this one. also all the rmbp's they had on display were the lower 2.3ghz version
What does higher end one mean exactly? All maxed out or .... details please.

Martialis

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2012

Um. Ok? Probably would have been easier to just order it online for pick up in store.

Zeov

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2011
Odense
When i got my iPad 3 in germany, everyone was going nuts, everyone clapping and the moaning eyes when i walked past 100 meters of Apple fans waiting in line.. was awesome.

never seen this when any other brands.

Martialis

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2012
When i got my iPad 3 in germany, everyone was going nuts, everyone clapping and the moaning eyes when i walked past 100 meters of Apple fans waiting in line.. was awesome.

never seen this when any other brands.
That would honestly just freak me the hell out.

Zeov

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2011
Odense
That would honestly just freak me the hell out.
Well the cheering and shaking hands with all the Apple employees was great fun, they even gave out free water bottles for everyone! (was awesome since we waited like 9-10 hours outside)

But yeah, when i had the iPad and walked pass all the people waiting in line i was aware that some insane person would go out and rob me :D but weren't freaked out or anything.

Qbiinz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
Um. Ok? Probably would have been easier to just order it online for pick up in store.
they don't have instore pick up for online purchases right now, its been disabled.

----------

What does higher end one mean exactly? All maxed out or .... details please.
not all maxed out I'm not even sure if you can purchase the 2.7ghz processor and and 768gb ssd without customizing it on the online store.

the one i got was the 2.6ghz processor with the 512gb ssd

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.