Got overused slogan?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dontwalkhand, Nov 15, 2009.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

If I were on the Dairy Council, I would be absolutely livid. Everywhere you go, you can see "Got *Insert whatever here*?" used as an advertising slogan.

Where has all the creatives gone? The sad part is, that I am seeing these slogans come from ad-agencies, these are agencies that people put good money into to come up with something creative. Instead, we get this junk, that obviously no longer works.

Well, I guess it is not as bad as "It's waaay better than fast food, it's crappy!" (I do not like Wendy's at all, why would anybody pay $5 for fake asian chicken - chicken strips with sauce?)

-Gah, I am on a random-thought train again, I need to get off at the next stop :)

I am just curious though. If you are a business owner and have a slogan "Got *something*?" can someone please enlighten me of why you have chosen that as a slogan?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Transparency

I'm sick of hearing that when ever a politician or a business person talks. Basically they need some vocabulary to fill the void when they say absolutely nothing.

3. Decrepit macrumors 65816

Decrepit

Not creating is cheaper than creating.

Look at movies. TV. Popular music.

Very little new stuff happening there because it's expensive, and nobody will take risks on something that isn't guaranteed.

I read an interview with Rob Zombie of all people, and he was asked why he was remaking old movies. He said I hate to remake movies, but no exec will sign off on anything new right now, and I have to eat.

My company won't do anything outside of its comfort zone. There is free money out on the lawn, but it's warmer inside, so we'll just look at it through the window. This is one of the dozens of reasons that I'm quitting and moving away.