Got Refurbished Macbook Pro for Free??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Celedral, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Celedral macrumors 6502

Celedral

Hey I ordered a Refurbished Macbook pro 15" on Monday and they charged my Debit Card for $1600 on the same day. They shipped it on Wednesday and my account was still charged for $1600 until Now, Friday, I checked my bank account and the entire amount was put back. I checked my tracking number and it says Intransit. Have any of you guys have experience with this? or is apple simply going to charge me sooner or later.

High Hopes for a Free macbook pro!!

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

I cant see this happening. Anyway make you sure you the funds available in your bank account is case the funds are withdrawn.

3. shoppy macrumors 6502a

This is normal and the full amount will come out within a few days.

4. Celedral thread starter macrumors 6502

Celedral

Usually they just charge and ship. I guess this is the first time it happened to me. Well it was fun to hope

5. johnnymike24 macrumors newbie

johnnymike24

The same thing happened to me. I ordered a new i5 15" the day they came out. They had placed a hold on my bank account for the full amount but because it didn't ship until four days after I placed my order (the hold only lasts typically for three days) it dropped off my card. Furthermore, it shipped and I still did not have a charge on my card. It shipped last Friday and was delivered on Tuesday but I was not charged until late Monday night. Trust me, you didn't get a free macbook pro. The charge will be there sometime before you receive it. Sorry to bust your bubble!

6. Celedral thread starter macrumors 6502

Celedral

Hahaha damn. Man I was a bit skeptical too. This was the first time apple released the funds on one of my orders.