Got Rid of Bootcamp partition, but not Completely Enough apparently

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Gballa, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Gballa macrumors member

I decided to delete my Boot camp partition as i was running low on space, yet when i go to disk utility, under partition, my mac hardrive has only 85 gb dedicated to it. Below it, there is a grey area, im assuming this is another partition, that is consuming my harddrives remaining space. I cant seem to delete that partition, or resize the mac osx partition. as i get an error with both attempts....

Attached Files:

2. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

You need to open up bootcamp and get rid of that partition...

3. Gballa thread starter macrumors member

well first thing bootcamp says is u need at least 10 gb...will it allow me to delete it after i clear up some space. Cause i don't believe bootcamp still exists on my comp, partition wise answays.

4. Gballa thread starter macrumors member

wtf look at this!i free up space, and this window came up

Attached Files:

5. Gballa thread starter macrumors member

sry that pic is small im sure u all know how to zoom with the track pad tho:)

6. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Your disk directory is definitely corrupted. If you still can (and don't already have a backup) backup any important files before proceeding any further because trying to fix that error can in some cases render the disk unusable without a full erase. :(

After you have backed up anything important if possible, boot up from your System Restore Disk 1 (or retail OSX install disk) and run Disk Utilities from the menus on the disk (when the installer is at the first screen). Try a "Repair Disk" from the "First Aid" tab though I have a strong sense that it wil not clear it up.

That particular type of directory damage usually responds well to a session with Disk Warrior if you own a copy.