Got Screwed by Apple, What do I do now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fazzl, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Fazzl macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

I did the preorder which only let me ship to my billing address, 400 miles away. I called Apple after and changed my shipping address to my local address and they did. I called every day last week to confirm and they kept saying I was good, but guess what, they still delivered it to the wrong address. Now I can't have access to the phone for at least 3 weeks as no one is there after today.

My question is, can I go into my local store, but an iPhone for the non- discounted upgrade price ($550) under another line in my family plan, and then activate it on my line, then return the other phone when i get access to it?

2. bursthead macrumors 6502

bursthead

as long as you do within 14 days.. or 30 days whatever is the stated return policy..

3. Fazzl thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

Ya thats fine. I'm more worried about buying the iPhone under another line in my family plan, then activating it under my phone number. I don't want that other line to be deactivated, because its my mom's and shes on vacation.

4. Fazzl thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

5. rkahl macrumors 65816

Maybe you should have changed the address a little sooner? Huh??

6. Fazzl thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

I changed the address on Saturday, it didn't ship out until Wednesday.

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules

Bumps. Posts that bring a thread to the top of the New Posts list but add no content to the thread (bumps) are not permitted. This applies not only to posts that say "bump" but to those with the intent to bump, e.g. posts saying "anyone?" or the equivalent. See why and how to avoid bumping. \

8. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

"I did the preorder which only let me ship to my billing address, 400 miles away. "

How is it Apples fault with you having your billing information out of date? This is YOUR fault, not Apples.

9. Fazzl thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

How? I called within 24 hours, changed the sipping address. And got confirmation email 3 days before it was even sent to UPS.

10. c0dy macrumors newbie

If he verified multiple times with multiple people that it was updated, it is their fault - not his.

11. Zachster7, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011

Zachster7 macrumors newbie

SAme thing happened to me

Heres the story:

I had the same thing happen to me. Today I went to my local ATT store and spoke to the manager who is capable of overriding it in his system if he is reasonably convinced of your situation, and has proof that you have cancelled your existing preorder. You can have Apple contact him directly via email with your information and proof that you are canceling the order and he can give you a phone. Due to my having called and talked to Apple multiple times regarding the same issue, I had a specific Apple advocate / supervisor contact's direct contact information and she did it all over the phone for me, including emailing the store manager directly. I'm guessing this is not the normal situation but it can be done. Good Luck! I know how frustrating it can be. Though I was provided with misinformation multiple times in the end I still got mine on release day, via my ATT store, and was very happy with the service I received in the end once I got through to someone that could actually do something other than tell me the same bad info I had already heard.

12. Fazzl thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

The only thing I can effectivley do now is to use an upgrade on my mom's line but activate on my number. Is this possible? Then I will return the phone thats already delivered when I get access to it. I want the contract renewel to be on my line though, not hers. Any ideas?

13. rkahl macrumors 65816

Maybe you should have changed it last wednesday then! Who's fault is that?

14. Nocaster macrumors regular

You plan on walking into an Apple store and buying an iPhone 4S in the next three weeks?

15. Fazzl thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

Preorders just started on Friday. What is your point?

16. emoore macrumors regular

How could he change the address before he even preordered? Wow.

17. Fazzl thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

I'm going to try in 2 hours or so.

18. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

19. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

If Apples system is like Sprint's, we can't guarantee the address change until it's shipped with the shipping carrier. As Sprint was going through the same issue and orders were being shipped to the billing address listed on the account. Apparently there are a lot of people that don't update their information to their current address. That is no way shape or form the companies fault. Maybe the agents with Apple can only see the changes, but it more than likely reverted back to the original address once it shipped.

What the OP should have done is not place the order due to the address being wrong and update their information before placing the order. I'm sorry I use logic. "Hey we are going to ship it to your billing address" *oh that's 400 miles away..submits order anyways*

20. truthiness macrumors regular

Did anyone sign for it? Is it just sitting on the front porch?

If no one signed for it, FedEx will return to sender after a few tries I think.

If someone signed for it, have them send it to you?