got sent into repair depot

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by joshuaXaaron, Oct 3, 2008.

1. joshuaXaaron macrumors newbie

the bottom case on my macbook had cracks on it. and the apple store didn't have the parts so the genius decided to send it in to get fixed. and i choose the option to get it sent to my house, cuz apple's 30 mins away. Does anyone one here have a vague notion of when it will be expecting my macbook back, the guy didn't really say, and i was distracted by my friend getting a brand new macbook(cuz her harddrive was fried) it would be help if someone knew when cuz!

im using a DELL and its driving me crazy. its like the mid evil version. 256Gb of ram and 17GB hd.... :| i dont even have music on it and its full already! so VIRTUAL MEMORY warning boxes pop up all the time. i need MAC OSX and my computer back! AHHH

2. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

3. chipchen macrumors 6502

If you dropped it off before 2pm or so, it probably shipped out that same day and goes overnight to the repair depot. (probably texas) then when it's repaired, usually a day, sometimes two, it ships back to you overnight. So, generally 3 business days. I've seen 2, but that's rare. And if they don't have the part in stock, it could take a few extra days.