Got some extra cash, need to spend on PB

Solafaa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
I just got some extra cash that i want to spend on my 15" PB and PM desktop. I cant make up my mind so could you please recommend stuff that you have or want to help me decide.

Speakers, bags, skins and so on.

Thanks

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
Let's see, for the man that has everything?????

I'd check out the M-Audio gear.

ProTools HD :eek:

I'm dying here waiting till I can afford an 1814 A/D interface and a new mixing console. Don't even get me started on microphones!

A great set of studio reference monitors or a set of PRO headphones.

A new surround sound system.

A pair of 10K Raptor drives

Another display! :D

XServe RAID

Fibre channel card

Software and Games

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero

DaftUnion

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2005
Wisconsin
I'm not an expert when it comes to components in a computer, but for audio it's a different story

I'd go with a Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 system...THX Certified.
500watt. ;)

I currently have one of their ProMedia 4.1 systems and it sounds fantastic...I even bought another one of the 4.1's for everything from get together's to hauling two of these around for DJing at parties. Keep in mind this is coming from someone who has 4 different stereos in their room, you won't be disappointed with Klipsch.

Attachments

tuartboy

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Ok, I'm not a powermac expert, but the PM has a digital out right?

You need to be careful about the computer speakers you buy then as most systems are set up to use 3 1/8" jacks for analog input. I know there are a few systems out there with digital decoding built in, but if you don't get one you will have to get a decoder as well.

Not sure about the above klipsch and digital decoding, but I know the company has quite a good rep in the computer audio area.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
Solafaa said:
Could you recommend good surrond sound system please, i watch DVD's, play games and listen to music on my desktop.
Logitech Z 5500 ( i think that's the model number) those things kick. Make sure you got the space, the sub is huge.