Got something under the keyboard.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MacGuy84, Feb 2, 2009.

1. MacGuy84 macrumors member

So my brother has a really nasty habit of biting his nails and he had one fall on my new MacBook (aluminum unibody). He tried to brush it off but it got pushed under the "0" key. Once he realized he had a problem he called me and we tried to get it out together but only ended up losing sight of it. At first the "0" key felt a little hard to push and now that we lost it in there it feels normal again.

Do you guys think its fine to leave this alone or should I seek some sort of help? How hard would it be to get under there? Im concerned it can cause future complications by just leaving it under there even though everything seems fine now.

FYI- the nail was pretty small, kind of half the size of a clipped pinky nail.

2. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

Toothpick? Air Can?

There is actually a way to take the key off and put it back on, but I don't know exactly how, but I have seen it done before.

3. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

I'd say just leave it. You may actually damage your computer worse trying to remove it.

4. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I'd give the air can a shot... and flip the macbook upside down.. it might just fall out! :cool: