Got the 2nd gen MBA?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by silverblack, Oct 30, 2008.

1. silverblack macrumors 68020

silverblack

Anyone? Can you confirm if the core shut down issue still there? How is the fan speed compared? Still running hot or cool?

I am so anxious to find out :)

2. mullerit macrumors newbie

..and Xbench please

It would be so great if somebody who has the new air in hand, or the possibility to play with one at a store, could run Xbench on it ( http://www.xbench.com/ ). Xbench is easy and just takes 2-3 minutes, plus it allows to upload the results to there comparison page, we all could visit and, like me, could compare our existing Mac's with the Air 2,1.

I have currently a Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz and saw that the new Macbook Aluminum's are better in performance then my Pro :eek: ...If the Air's figures are only somewhere near my Macbook Pro, I will replace it and use the Air as my primary and only Mac. :cool:

3. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

That is exactly what I did. Mine has not shipped yet, but this Air2 replaces a 2.5ghz 4mb 320hd. Ohhh did I risk it or what.:eek:

4. mullerit macrumors newbie

Tigres, do the Xbench with your Pro and save it on there website. As soon as somebody with a new Air is posting his results you can compare.

...the old Air's are less then 50% of the score I got with my Macbook Pro :eek: so that wouldn't be good. Specially graphics was like 80% less performance, but this should be a complete different figure with Air 2,1

I also have the Matrox Dualhead2go and the new air should be able to run 2 screens with 1280x1024 (the old couldn't), so I'm looking forward to use it in this setup when in the office.

5. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

I did it a couple of weeks ago actually. I will look for you and post the link. I compared it to the new one I believe.

It is at home now, as I am at work so let me do my research.

6. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

Found it.

Found it here's the Link http://db.xbench.com/merge.xhtml?doc2=313394

7. mullerit macrumors newbie

your numbers are better then mine ..of course I only have the 2.4Ghz Pro. My score where just below 100

...now we only need to keep looking for an Air owner to post his results :)
    it will say MacBookAir2,1 as "Model" in the 4th row from top.

8. MPHL macrumors regular

MPHL

Just my new air and I love it very very much!! I think there is a noticable difference in processor speed compared to the first generations...

9. mullerit macrumors newbie

Xbench shows a HUUUGE difference between first and second gen. Air! ..this is great news:

http://db.xbench.com/merge.xhtml?doc2=316749

10. twist2b macrumors regular

Do you realize the READS BLOWWWWW away the pro? Damn.