Got the first bill, and...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by definitive, Oct 21, 2008.

1. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

Got the first bill (which I have about two days to pay), and it's only for one day. I didn't get the next one yet for this month.

It seems to be correct, but they charged full for first month (which was only one day in September). Should I even bother trying to get it reduced since I don't have any possible fan discounts, etc.?

2. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

AT&T bills a month in advance but they do make mistakes. Call them and get clarification before you just pay blindly.

3. goodcow macrumors 6502a

It's been 8 days now since my cycle ended and my bill has yet to post.

AT&T is inept.

4. definitive thread starter macrumors 68000

definitive

i joined in september, and they billed me for that one day (since that's what they set my billing cycle to end/start on), so i don't see any mistakes (unless i'm wrong). they sent me that bill yesterday, and it shows i have until tomorrow to pay it, so i'll probably end up paying it with a credit card.

do they send paper bills? i have that set as the default in my profile, and would prefer those. it's just that i never got one for the signup month.

5. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

I received paper bills from AT&T in the past but, I have chosen the paperless option so my grandchildren will be able to breathe fresh air someday. :)

Really, your best option is to call them and find out exactly when your billing cycle begins/ends and understand the charges you are incurring on your bill. No reason to just pay the bill without understanding what and why you are paying a certain amount. If you received a bill that was due the next day there may be some issue in your due date that is causing the late mailing. Call them and get it worked out so you don't have to deal with this issue in the future.

Oh, and go paperless....the environment will hug you.

6. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

I went paperless mostly for the convenience of seeing everything online. I never looked at the paper version because it was easier to see my bill/statement from any web-enabled computer. I also have it set up to pay automatically. I get an email telling me the statement is ready and that it will autopay in about a week or two. That gives me a chance to review the charges and make sure everything's good before it gets paid.