Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

thecore762

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
I just got it today and I have to say it’s one of the easiest kits I’ve ever used and their screen protector quality control is fantastic! Zagg was disappointing!
I don’t think I have a single lint in this new install. Their kit it probable the second best kit next to the Belkin apple store machine they use.
The pricing is solid too! The coating on the screen protector feels good as well. Very smooth to the touch.
$12.99 for 2 screen protectors is a very good deal!
Plus I did not have to go through my second one during install :)

msavic

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
I agree with this, the Spigen screen protector is great. The one I have is full coverage though and it fits beautifully on the phone. It is definitely worth holding out for the full coverage one.

Apple_Robert

macrumors Penryn
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Good to know. I usually go with Spigen notched but, this year I went with full screen ESR and iCarez and prefer the full screen protector going forward. I will add the Spigen full screen to my Amazon list.

BLBL

macrumors 68000
Apr 11, 2018
I agree with this, the Spigen screen protector is great. The one I have is full coverage though and it fits beautifully on the phone. It is definitely worth holding out for the full coverage one.
By the way, is there two versions of this spigen screen protector with easy installation frame? Because I ordered this too and I haven't received it yet but I was confusing to determine if it has a notch or not (I'd prefect with notch) depending on the page where I look at the product info and photos.

msavic

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
By the way, is there two versions of this spigen screen protector with easy installation frame? Because I ordered this too and I haven't received it yet but I was confusing to determine if it has a notch or not (I'd prefect with notch) depending on the page where I look at the product info and photos.

There are two versions of the Spigen Glas.Tr ezFit, they typically denote the full screen one with “Sensor Protection” and it has been popping in and out of stock on Amazon here.

This is the link to the one I purchased but it is currently out of stock

Spigen Tempered Glass Screen Protector [Glas.tR EZ FIT] Designed for iPhone 12 Pro Max - Sensor Protection [2 Pack] https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08DQF4G4W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_M9NWFb6ZXG04E?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

afonsomduarte

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2016
Portugal
I have the Spigen Glas.tr Align Master for the 12 PM and so far so good. The only downside is that it gathers quite a lot of lint around the borders of the screen protector but I think there’s no way to avoid it. Please let me know if I’m wrong.

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
Loved the Spigen ez fit with full sensor protection. But, ( sigh ) it didn’t work with my polarized Oakleys!

Slapped some el cheapo w/notch cut out ($8 for pack of 2 ) Chinese ones and working just fine.. Not happy, but better than naked!

Apple_Robert

macrumors Penryn
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I have the Spigen Glas.tr Align Master for the 12 PM and so far so good. The only downside is that it gathers quite a lot of lint around the borders of the screen protector but I think there’s no way to avoid it. Please let me know if I’m wrong.
I noticed that with the ESR full screen and the iCarez full screen. I don’t believe lint gathering around the outer edge can be avoided.

Reactions: afonsomduarte

BLBL

macrumors 68000
Apr 11, 2018
There are two versions of the Spigen Glas.Tr ezFit, they typically denote the full screen one with “Sensor Protection” and it has been popping in and out of stock on Amazon here.
The one I ordered did not really mention anything about which version it is but it mentioned in product info that model is AGL01801. I also checked Spigen web site and there was only one version they offer for 6.1" 12/12 Pro (seems to have the same product number too) but the product name is EZ FIT GLAS.tR SLIM, so interesting to see what it is in the end when I get it. I hope it has cut out for the notch to make sure it does not interfere with the sensors. I have similar (no name product) used with my X and I have never had any issues with the sensors, Face Id works even in some strange angles I never thought it should work. So definitely want to make sure my new 12 Pro will perform at least as well.

Last edited:

Pug72

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2012
England
Pretty sure Spigen don't do the full face one with EZfit. That comes with an Alignmaster template. Still goes on perfect though.

thecore762

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
Loved the Spigen ez fit with full sensor protection. But, ( sigh ) it didn’t work with my polarized Oakleys!

Slapped some el cheapo w/notch cut out ($8 for pack of 2 ) Chinese ones and working just fine.. Not happy, but better than naked!

I think it’s because of the special coating they use on their screen protectors.
This is the reason the spigen glass usually feels very smooth.

BLBL

macrumors 68000
Apr 11, 2018
Pretty sure Spigen don't do the full face one with EZfit. That comes with an Alignmaster template. Still goes on perfect though.
Could be because I see only this one EZfit model offered on their web page. Also I finally received mine today and they seem to be with notch, so exactly what I wanted. Interesting to see if I manage to install them well and without dust spots underneath. Before I've been using free hand install protectors and it took last time like 5-6 new protectors to get it installed nearly well (still some dust but I already spent hours of trying so I gave up).

I'm wondering because again I will be installing these on the brand new phones right after I pull out the factory protector. Before I have always checked the screen after removing that and usually there have been some stain or residue left from the factory protector and that is usually when dust seem to start collecting on the screen and often even wiping it several times with unused new microfibre cloth seem to leave some small particles on the screen that are very hard to remove without getting new ones elsewhere.
So I was thinking this time would it be better just to stick new protector right after removing factory protector without cleaning the screen first?
Is that residue old protector leaves something that will show if I just put new one on it?
Because faster I could install new protector on, less possible new dust spots on the screen....

Last edited:

Complex757

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2016
I really want to get the new one that covers the whole screen, but I want to wait for reviews.

msavic

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
I really want to get the new one that covers the whole screen, but I want to wait for reviews.

What would you like to know about the screen protector? I have it installed on my 12 Pro Max and can try to give you my opinion on things.

Complex757

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2016
What would you like to know about the screen protector? I have it installed on my 12 Pro Max and can try to give you my opinion on things.
Appreciate it

Is it easy to install since it doesn't have the tray and is it lined up correct? I know the notch one isn't but it doesn't bother me that much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.