Got tired of Waiting!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by P.Roy, Feb 4, 2008.

1. P.Roy macrumors newbie

Hello to all!!!:D First time mac owners here!!! Got tired of waiting for a new updates so last Saturday me and the wife took a drive to a Apple store and got a new MacbookPro 2.4Ghz, 160GB, 2GB ram w/ glossy screen...Also, convince the wife to get her a Macbook and she fell in love with the black Macbook so we got her the 2.2Ghz, 160GB, 2GB one. the thing is, we wanted the 1GB but we got charged for the 2GB instead and not realizing it till we got home that night and the store is about 2 hrs away and were too tired to go back to the store. but, we went ahead and kept the macbook so all is good now.
    ok so we have set up a wireless network and my wife's mb pick it up rite away with no problem at all. but on my mbp it keep on droppin the wireless signal and i dont know why that is... i tried to restart my network and still doesnt work for me. i dont know what else to do. any help would be appreciated.:confused:

thx,
    Roy

2. darfel macrumors member

Congrats on the purchase!! I have a feeling your going to love your new computer, so is your wife. You'll get to enjoy it instead of trying to figure it out all the time. Now to your wireless; are you using WEP or WPA? WPA works better in my experience, especially on Macs. Did you check the firmware on the router? It might need an update.

Thanks,

darfel

3. dante@sisna.com macrumors 6502a

dante@sisna.com

Congrats on a powerful MBP.

I bought a 17" 2.6ghz a month or so ago: same machine as yours basically and I love it.

As far as your MBP dropping the wireless signal, that is strange. I have not had that problem.

Perhaps give Apple a call.

4. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Out of curiousity, why did you choose the glossy screen? I'm glad they give people options on the MBP, but after looking at the newer iMacs in the store, I HATE the glossy screen. I will never buy an iMac as long as they don't have the matte screen option because I can't stand the glare.

Not sure what your wireless problem is. There's always the chance of a bad wireless adapter. Maybe take your computer to a free WiFi hotspot and see if you have problems there. If so, it's either some config or the adapter.