Got to love the 17 inch goodness!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by trismeplz, Sep 29, 2009.

1. trismeplz macrumors newbie

Hey plp,

Just got a new MBP 17" and want to share the joy with all of you! The HD screen is awesome and I find myself just loving the extra screen real estate (moved up from a 15") It def. takes some time to get used to the extra bulk which comes with it but its a good kind of problem to have! I was thinking of upgrading for a while from my 15" and as chance would have it managed to do an exchange with a small top up for the 17"!

I've got the Moshi palmguard and I'm in the process of finding a nice sleeve to go along with it! :D

2. Bigabouli macrumors member

Gratz, glad you enjoy your machine.

Still waiting for a better resolution on 15" here :p

3. rme macrumors regular

I have one too.
    The 17" with an Intel X25 SSD is computing bliss!

4. copykris Suspended

copykris

i'm getting the 17 incher as soon as the next upgrade rolls along

congrats on getting yours

5. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

I have an older 17 but they are great laptops. I'm going to do the reverse journey next year and get a 15, having bought a Mac Pro this year. Although the 17 is portable, I find it very difficult to use on planes and small areas when the screen cannot go back far enough.

Enjoy yours!!!

6. trismeplz thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks to all ! I'm indeed enjoying it and looking forward in dropping in an SSD or the WD 12.5mm harddisk! :)

7. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

i got my mine in march and love it .. definitely not too bulky .. need to get an ssd and 8gb of ram sometime soon lol .. still need to purchase applecare for it .. i wish i could take it with me to class .. but seems a tad too big .. all the people in my class bring 13s and 15s

8. stjohnson macrumors newbie

You have to get a Speck cover. And you can't go wrong with a "booq" sleeve.