Got unlimited data

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Torresangel88, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Torresangel88 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

2 weeks I bought an iPhone 2g to get unlimited data back in my iPhone, Evrything worked fine but AT&T has not changed me to the $30 unlimited plan my plan still shows that I have the 2g data plan and I cannot change it to the $30 3G plan because supposedly it is not compatible with my phone. Should I just leave it like that and see what happens?
    I also keep getting this message
    AT&T Free Msg: Did you know a data plan is required for your iphone? We have added an appropriate data plan for your iphone. Learn more at att.com/iphoneplans.

But nothing happens

2. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Did you put the sim in an iPhone that supports 3G? If it's still in the original iPhone ten you can't select a 3G plan because it doesn't have 3G

3. Torresangel88 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes I put my iphone 4's microsim in the iphone 2g, then i put it back on the iphone 4, its been 2 weeks and it still doesn't change.

4. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Call up AT&T and tell them you want your 2G unlimited data plan to be grandfathered to your new iPhone 4? I'm not sure though, I've never tried this just going by limited information I've read online.

5. Torresangel88 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks I think thats what i'm gonna do. Lets see what happens:)

6. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

You did it wrong. You were suppose to get a new sim. Then put it in the 2G and activate it on your line (whatever number your iPhone 4 has). Once that's done, you can either get a new microsim and call AT&T to switch over OR you can get a SIM cutter and cut the sim you used to activate the 2G and then use it in the 4.

Remember you need a BRAND NEW sim to active the 2G or it will not work. This trick does not work if you put your microsim into the 2G and activate it.

7. Torresangel88 thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Should I just keep it on the 2g data plan?

8. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

why would you do that - EDGE is so slow!!

9. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

That's all some of us get :rolleyes:
    At least ever since AT&T installed a new antenna nearby I don't have to put up with GPRS and WAP anymore.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Actually even if he has the unlimited iphone 2G plan and sticks his sim in any 3G capable cellphone he will get 3G data and not just Edge.
    Offcourse 3G has to be available in his area to connect to.

11. Torresangel88 thread starter macrumors regular

3G works perfectly on my iPhone 4, I get great 3G signal most of the time. But I don't know If I should stay on this plan.

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Keep it, its cheaper anyway:)
    And once they detect it they might move you to the unlimited plan.

13. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

There is no such thing a a 2G data plan or a 3G, all of AT&T's plans support 3G if you had the right SIM(as you do)

The only reason the first iPhone had cheaper data was because Apple worked with AT&T to make it that way so more people would buy the device.

Palm OS smartphones which would only use EDGE on AT&T didn't cost 20 dollars. AT&T upped the iPhone 3G to 30 dollars because they were putting up more money to lower the cost.

Apple tried something new with AT&T which was a higher upfront cost with lower data costs, which would end up saving people money, but people didn't jump on board.