Got up this morning and had a few things in my Mac trash? Normal?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Jazzandmetal?, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Jazzandmetal? macrumors regular

I just woke up and noticed that I have a Recovered File in my trash can. It has a "Temp File AAA", ProJlib, Imllib, something else, and another folder containing some quicktime stuff and a bunch of other things.

I am not sure what it is as it wasn't there when I went to sleep a few hours ago. I clicked get info and all the stuff says it says last activity was on oct 28 at 5:27 pm. Is this from the daily scripts the mac runs around 3 in the am?

Thanks for any help. I secure emptied the trash already too.:confused:

Also, Onyx says my weekly and daily scripts were run at 7:15 and 7:30 am....today. Is that normal for them to run just as I turn on my cpu from sleep?

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

You mac will do system maintenance at night if left on, its just tidying up, that is all.

3. belvdr macrumors 603

They don't put things into the user's trash bin. They are using rm and the -delete option from find.

You can see the logs for the maintenance under:

/var/log/daily.out
    /var/log/weekly.out
    /var/log/monthly.out

They are not always run in the middle of the night either. Mine cranked up this morning around 7am since I sleep my Mac.

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Normal. I regularly find recovered temp files in my trash. Just empty and forget about it.

5. Jazzandmetal? thread starter macrumors regular

Figured it out.

I just duplicated the "problem". I put a disc in that came with a magazine and some stuff came up in a window, I clicked on the Guitar Techniques_OSX and didn't install anything. It asked if I wanted to do something with the root of the disc and I clieck NO. Ejected the disc and logged out of my mac profile. When I logged back in the file was there in my trash. Temp File AAA and AAB.....I clicked on it twice.:p

The magazine cd/dvd just has tracks and video demos. It is a well known british guitar magazine that has been around for over a decade.