Got what I needed, Thanks!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by OhioLefty, Jan 9, 2010.

1. OhioLefty macrumors regular

Edit Update: Got it, Thanks!

I lost the "stock" :apple: Weather background (weatherbg.png) for my iPhone and was wondering if someone could help me get it back. It's about 6k in size and dated 03/14/??, it's the stock Sun on blue background and shows 73 degrees all the time. I overwrote it without first saving it (I thought I did :eek: ) and just want to have it in my backup of stock files.

Thanks in advance...

ohiolefty@gmail.com

2. jamesapp macrumors 6502a

Just curious, did you install weathericon? I haven't been able to get my weather icon to go back to default since I installed weathericon. I even uninstalled it, and had a blue icon with a question mark. I reinstalled it and I am using a theme, that displays different icons depending on weather conditions. So I am curious to see, if you get yours back. I would like the option of going back to stock, or be able to choose a winterboard theme, like iglassol if I want.

3. OhioLefty thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, I do have WeatherIcon installed but that isn't what caused the weatherbg.png to disappear. I was copying some files over to \Services\Library\CoreServices\Springboard.app and overwrote it by mistake. I had a transparent icon I had named weatherbg.png that I also renamed weatherbg_day.png and weatherbg_night.png so I could replace the "day" and "night" backgrounds in the "Tick" weather icon package I copied into the afore mentioned folder. When I copied all three files over, it ask me if I wanted to overwrite existing files and I said "Yes to all" and it overwrote the existing weatherbg.png.

I remember it being there right before I copied the files. I was in a bit of a hurry and just wasn't thinking.

4. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Attached is what is in my folder. Hope that helps! :)

Attached Files:

5. OhioLefty thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks!!! That's it! I owe you one... :D

6. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

mine is that but under the sun it says 73*, * replacing the degrees sign. its right under the sun. but its winter here so its just a default icon with that. so no you didnt get the right icon after all. lol.