Got wifi but can't navigate

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by themagicman00, Aug 20, 2010.

1. themagicman00 macrumors member

Finally got my replacement iPhone4. Anyway, I can connect to the network (wifi), get the ip address and router from the router but I actually can not download any pages. I tried it with my iphone 3gs and it works flawless. Any ideas? I reset settings, turn off/on but I fell short of restoring.

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Is your YouTube app able to connect or any other apps which use your network connection? Did you original iPhone 4 work without issue? When you set up your replacement did you restore from the backup or set it up as new?

3. themagicman00 thread starter macrumors member

I set it up as new. The problem is with the router-iphone connection. The iphone 3gs connects no pronlem, where as the iphone 4 connects to the router, but no function works....maps,youtube, safari. When I try a different router, the phone works.
    Weird.
    Thanks for your reply,

4. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

do you have network magic or some network software which might let you connect but not use, just a thought

5. barneyhanway macrumors newbie

I get this issue as well. Been tearing my hair out trying to diagnose and fix.
    Basically, my home wifi doesn't work. I'm resorting to turning wifi off and using 3G.
    Specifically it appears to be applications I have to sign in to that have trouble connecting - mail, twitter, facebook, yammer etc. Safari itself is slow, and rather hit and miss, but I can get web pages to load - often requiring several refreshes. Those other applications time out constantly.
    Wifi at work is no problem. Flawless.

I take it from that it's a router issue, but I can't find any magic setting or any information online that tells me where to look.

Frustrating to say the least.