Got XP 64 Drivers? I need 'em! (Windows XP 64 Bit Pro SP2)

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by badegg, Jun 29, 2010.

1. badegg macrumors newbie

Searching for "XP" or "XP 64" comes up with nothing on this site. "XP Drivers" came up with a link from Steve (user), but all the responses were just scapegoats for not using Windows.

Here's what I've tried.

Double-clicking on every program on the OSX DVD (BT did install, but that was it). No other 64 or 32 (just to try) bit install program actually installed any h/w. But they're all there in Add/Remove programs just the same.

Unpacking every file using 7Zip and WinRAR. Tried using Device Manager to manually install h/w with those inf/sys/ driver files. Didn't work b/c only Vista and 7 drivers are on that OSX DVD for 64 bit.

Tried the iFrankie website. Found on a Google search for XP/64/MBP/MacBook Pro. Links were either old/bad or didn't work for this edition of MBP (13", Mid March/April 2010).

Tried to d/l and install BootCamp 3.1(.2,etc). Just an upgrade. Won't work unless 3.0 is installed. And 3.0 won't install on XP64 (error says it needs Vista/7 64).

Called Apple store and Apple Tech support. Besides going to Apple.com/bootcamp and searching there, they could not offer any advice. I understand that XP is not Apple, but none of those guys ever had the need arise to even TRY to get XP64 to work?

SO. If anyone has got drivers for XP64 for the newest MBP 13", I could really use the NVidia 320M video and Intel HD Audio drivers.

Thanks in Advance.

2. Amdahl macrumors 65816

I think NVIDIA has XP 64-bit drivers for the GeForce GT 320M out.

I would like to try XP 64 on one of my laptops as well, but trackpad is pretty important for me.

For the audio, you should go to Device manager, get to properties, then click on Details. for example:
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1095&DEV_1392&SUBSYS_FFFFFFFF&REV_1000\4&1105380D&0&0101

Vendor 1095 Device 1392. Search 1095 1392 in google. Results may give you an idea on drivers.

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Why XP64? It's truly an abomination.

V64 or 764 are much better 64 bit Windows OSes and are supported by Apple.

B