Got your GPS+Cellular as a Walk-In Thread

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Mahler12x, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Mahler12x macrumors regular

Mahler12x

So, it's no secret the LTE Series 3 has been difficult to come by. I know there's iStockNow.com to check availability, but how many of you are having success just walking in? How much should I bother if iStockNow.com doesn't show availability. 3-4 weeks shipping is a loooong time to wait for an order.

P.S. I'm holding out for the Nike 42mm which I understand isn't even available till the 5th of Oct

2. SomeGuy2112 macrumors regular

SomeGuy2112

I had pre-orders in with Best Buy and Apple directly both with late Oct / early Nov estimates.
    Checked local Best Buy store stock this evening and a Best Buy Mobile store about 45 minutes away had one in stock...
    Ordered online for in-store pickup, canceled the other orders and grabbed it... Amazing.

[​IMG]

3. predation macrumors 65816

4. hdinla macrumors newbie

Very nice! Best Buy stock has been hit or miss. I've seen aluminum LTE versions and SS with Milanese Loop pop up. Just gotta keep refreshing until something pops up.

5. Mahler12x thread starter macrumors regular

Mahler12x

Very nice! Thanks for sharing. I didn’t think Best Buy was even getting stock yet. I’ll have to check it out

6. triangletechie macrumors regular

Bestbuy.com had the 42 mm silver aluminum GPS/Cellular briefly in stock a couple of days ago. I placed an order and they shipped it yesterday by next day air. It's out for delivery.:cool:

7. jimfastcar1 macrumors member

jimfastcar1

8. sblanford macrumors member

I had orders with Apple, Best Buy and B&H. Walked into the Apple store last Saturday and picked up my watch with LTE, while picking up an iPhone 8+. I have since returned the iPhone and love the new watch. I previously had a series 2, Series 3 w/LTE + Apple Radio have changed the game.

9. jthiele87 macrumors newbie

I walked in to the Apple store on launch day and got a SS space black. Love it.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 29, 2017 ---
    Plus. Online pickup stock (which istocknow pulls it's data from) is different than walk in stock. Chances are that some apple stores have daily shipment arriving.

10. TylerDurden130 macrumors regular

Oh really? That’s good to know. I’ve called a few mornings and they said they didn’t get any in. Maybe it’s worth the time of just going first thing to the store?