Gotta a dirty screen? You're gonna love these!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by zagato27, Jun 8, 2008.

1. zagato27 macrumors 65816

zagato27

Ok, not the sexiest topic but I know that everyone here could actually use these . I'm sure that I'm not the only one that has looked and bought a bazillion different wipes to clean their screens. You would think that Best Buy or one of the other electronic outlets would have some screen wipes that actually work. From my experience this hasn't been the case. After trying a number of different brands I found these "Weiman e-tronic Wipes". They say they "safely cleans plasma/LCD Tvs/monitors, cell phones, stereo & all other electronics". So, I gave them a try. FANTASTIC!!!!!! They cleaned my monitor and left NO streaks, NO residue! Hallelujah!!!!! These are the first wipes I've found that actually do the job. Oh yeah, you won't believe where I purchased them.....Kroger. Yup, at the supermarket. They were relatively cheap too. Give them a try, you won't believe the results. Cheers
    [​IMG]

2. indiochano macrumors regular

3. zagato27 thread starter macrumors 65816

zagato27

Perhaps, but these "dry quickly while removing and repelling dust, dirt & fingerprints leaving a steak free and lint free surface". That's according to the back panel and it seems to do everything as advertised. Cheers

4. antibact1 macrumors 6502

Do not use rubbing alcohol. It contains things other than the alcohol that will damage the LCD. If you are going to use anything, use a 50/50 mix of 95% isopropyl alcohol and water.

5. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

This post sounds like a commercial lol :D

That's weird that you say BestBuy products don't work, since I've beenusing the Monster screen wipes without problem. I'll certainly look into these tho once I run out.

6. zagato27 thread starter macrumors 65816

zagato27

Sorry if it sounds a bit like a commercial but I was excited about finding a product that actually works (and works well) and thought that I'd share. I know how frustrated I have been with other like products that left lint and streaks. As to the Monster screen wipes.....I can't say yeah or nay. The two similar products I purchased at BB just didn't cut it. So, if you've been looking for something like this....try it. If you're happy with the product you're using stick with it. Cheers

7. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I love the Monster Cleaner from Best Buy. I have 5 panels in the home and this has lasted FOREVER!

8. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

I use the MONSTER screen cleaner aswell, works wonders, keeps my Tv, PSP, iPod touch, PS3 and 360 clean, great value too (compared to most of they're products)

9. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

I use iKlear on my MBP, iPhone, TV, LCD Monitor, and Dell work laptop. It's the best stuff I've ever used, and you can use it on the body of your electronics in addition to the screen.

http://www.klearscreen.com/detail.aspx?ID=12

10. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

11. Barry N macrumors member

Barry N

Been using this with great success. Just spray on a microfibre cloth and then wipe off excess.

[​IMG]

12. zagato27 thread starter macrumors 65816

zagato27

Use Invisible Glass all the time on my vehicles. Great product, never thought bout using it on a monitor screen. Guess whatever works, works. Cheers

13. alexlovesmacs macrumors 6502a

i've bought this product before at target a couple of times it worked great but by the 4th time i bought it the wipes came dry and were overpriced! its a good product just watch out make sure there moist when you open them