Gotta change

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dukebound85, Oct 13, 2008.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

I gotta stop caring about computers...... I remember just a couple years ago, I didnt care about my computer or anything as long as it worked. Didnt have to have the fastest or anything nor did i care

I need cut back coming to this site, as great as it is. This site takes up 90% of all my internet time lol......in other words too much time lol

I need to get in shape......not that im in bad shape now, i just dont like the trend im in. i need to get back into riding my bike 20miles/day as opposed to 20 miles a month

I need to start doing stuff again. especially as of late, i have opted to be a loner and not near as social as i used to be. i like being social so why i choose to stay home on my days off and browse mr and hulu is beyond me

I need to date more.......not surprsingly, this has declined with my being not as social

I want to get involved more in my church and athletics...........this has been hard to do once i had finished college. this is such a great way to become active and meet people

I need to just get out and do things. Im 23 and i feel im wasting my life away. I can do all this crap im doing now when im 80 but now, i should take adavantage of my body and get into rock climbing or something new

I just need to start living life as opposed to just waiting for the next thing

so instead of caring and speculating about computers coming out tomorrow as i have been this week in which i have no intention to buy as i cant afford it, why do i care? has my life become this full of void?

i need to go to more concerts, more bars, more everything.

i need to stop being pathetic as of late

i need to be like manny and not use the internet lol

i need to master the art of small talk and be able to talk to strangers with ease

i want to look back in 10 years and not be dissapointed with my direction

i want to get involved with my communtiy and help

i want to form memories and that doesnt happen when i dont do anything

in short i Gotta Change!!!!!!

does anyone else ever have these thoughts? im just not conetnt with the state of my "living" at the moment

youth is truely wasted on the young as im wasting it sadly. WAKE UP JONATHAN!!!

2. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

You're not wasting your youth as much as you think you are.

Anyone that says that your 20's should be all figured out is full of crap. Go have fun. Make mistakes. Don't give half a sh*t as you think you should.

It's all good. :)

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Don't let my post count fool you. I have a somewhat not-so-pathetic life. There's a balance.

I happen to be posting more often over the past 9 months because I'm always on the internet while I'm writing up my Ph.D thesis, and I work on my thesis 8-16 hours a day.

If I had something else to do with friends, I'd cut back on MR. Just get on MR when you're at home, and the option is either TV or internet. I never really watch TV, so guess what my choice is.

4. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

You need to get a blog if you're going to emofest on teh internetz.

5. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

no sh*t, i may have exaggerated a bit. sometimes its nice to let stuff out sorta anonymously

in like a month ill be moving to NY where ill be starting all over. intimidating for sure

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Nothing like actually getting out there and DOING some of the stuff on your list instead of sitting at the computer writing it out...

7. Unspeaked macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

Doing stuff is too old fashioned.

8. roisin and mac macrumors 6502

+1 I hardly ever watch tv too, so going online beats the box pretty well every time, even if it's mindless browsing. Actually I even watch tv online since I catch episodes of favorite series on Surf the Channel (makes safari crazy though. like, 30-40% of CPU usage :eek:) With TV, I think especially try to stick to stuff that either has a plot (eg movies and series, especially the sort that has stand-alone episodes rather than the soap opera format that hooks you up more as you tend to miss out on the plot if you skip one episode), or is based on real events (ie documentaries). I think the nastiness of TV is largely to be found in stuff like reality shows and talk shows and the like, so staying away from those should free up quite a bit of your time.

And I think that's possibly the real reason why you're staying in more. It's quite common to get a bit more contemplative just before a big change in life. besides, if you socialize online as well as off, it will help in the move I think because online friends are portable friends :p you'll still be able to talk to them in exactly the same way no matter that you'll have moved, whereas with your offline mates, you're going to have to adapt to the idea of communicating with them in different ways now!

9. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

I heartily endorse taking up rock climbing. New York has some fantastic rock climbing gyms, including places that have halloween parties and all kinds of that jazz. Rock climbing is a full body sport that is great for building a fit body, and it improves your balance and posture which are actually practical and applicable in your general life. Additionally, rock climbing can be done solo (bouldering is done solo, and is IMO the most fun part of climbing) and is a great social setting and a way to meet people.

10. Tanglewood macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

If you want to go out and meet people joining something that like a adult soccer league or something like that. I happened to get into a 8-ball pool league and now have at least one night of the week that I'm guaranteed to get out of the house and hang out with friends.

Here is the link to American Poolplayers Association in Metro Denver if you want to check it out.

11. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I find the computer and the internet is easily forgotten in a matter of minutes when I'm around people and I only come back to my old haunts (MacRumors, IMDb, etc) when I'm stuck at home in my small town on school vacations. The first week back at college I generally don't even open my laptop other than to put music on. That kind of sudden break cures any internet dependency I've developed in the summer living in the town with the highest median age in the state. Try it. Ditch the computer for a week and see. Granted you'd be ditching it for bike riding while I generally ditch it for frat parties and girls, but the principle is the same. :D

This is the first fall season I've spent considerable time online in ages, mainly because I'm abroad and the French university class schedule is whacked out and leaves me with downtime.