Gotten phone swapped by Genius Bar?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hbenitez09, Dec 4, 2009.

1. hbenitez09 macrumors regular

Hey guys i tried searching the forum for this but couldn't find anything and sorry if there is another thread about this already.... But i was just wondering has anyone here taken in a 16gb iphone 3gs to a genius bar and walked out with a 32gb 3gs i was wondering if apple does it obviously if they do it would be for a fee but i was considering getting a 32 3gs soon from ebay or craigslist but figured i'd see if apple trades models for a fee

2. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

If they did do it, this would be the first I hear of it.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

They wont do that.
    If they did everyone would claim there's something wrong with their phone in order to upgrade theirs for more storage.

5. hbenitez09 thread starter macrumors regular

Yea i figured they didn't do it but wanted to make sure before i shelled out 700 dollars for a 32gb. I have heard of people walking out with a 16 gb when they took in a 8gb 3g. but that was because the genius made a mistake and didn't notice

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If you're going to shell out the full price for the phone… I'd consider buying one that's factory unlocked. At least your resell value will be a lot higher.

7. hbenitez09 thread starter macrumors regular

are the factory unlocked iphones serviceable by the genius bar or would they negate me service if something goes wrong with it

8. courtney.bella macrumors member

courtney.bella

Well, since you can only get factory unlocked iPhones from places like Hong Kong, and iPhones are only servicable in the country they are sold...then yes, they wouldn't give you service.