Gov. State & Federal Employee Purchase Stores $107.10 for Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by svalentine, Oct 16, 2007.

1. svalentine macrumors regular

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

Cool, was just about to have my wife use her student ID to get the student discount. Now I can get it for about $5 less.

3. LeKiD macrumors regular

LeKiD

Why do they make it cheaper than the students price!?!? I though we haven't got money us students!? ... I guess the rich will stay rich and the students... will bend over, put vaselin on and enjoy to get ****ed while it lasts!

4. Trepex macrumors 6502a

Trepex

Unfortunately I don't think there is an equivalent deal for Canucks :(

5. weaverra macrumors regular

Um there are way more than adequate amounts of government workers who have about as much money as you have left over. Rich people get rich and stay rich because they don't always buy the latest and greatest. That's why they get rich. People who pretend to be rich buy all the latest and greatest and stay broke.

6. LeKiD macrumors regular

LeKiD

That's one way to see it... others would say You need money to make money... which I kind of agree with. People invest, people spend so that it gives back at the end... Mr. Scrooge is one thing. On the other hand, I'm talking about students who are scratching their heads for food and paying their bills and people with a great paying job... It makes no sense to me whatsoever!

7. NinjaMonkey macrumors regular

I ordered my copy with my fed discount.

Not sure why the Fed price is less than the student price, usually it is the other way around. Normally we pay a few dollars more than students.

8. weaverra macrumors regular

I wonder if it has to do with a tax write-off or something.

9. LeKiD macrumors regular

LeKiD

I don't know but it sucks to be me right now.... I'll need to upgrade to mac pro very soon + buy that freakin Leopard. And it's not because I just want the best all the time... I'm still running on an old G5 one processor and trying to make a living out of movie editing... So it's not too fancy to look for upgrading at that time... but yeah, I'm a university student with debts head over feet!

10. weaverra macrumors regular

I was referring to Apple btw just to make sure that was clear.:D