iPhone Government Alerts Not Working

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by ghsNick, Apr 17, 2016.

1. ghsNick, Apr 17, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2016

ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

For some reason my Government alerts aren't working...my wife and I have the same carrier and she's been alerted twice on a tornado warning + amber alert.

I'm sitting in the same area as she is and I have them turned on. Is there anything I can do to get these to come through?
    --- Post Merged, Apr 17, 2016 ---
    Wow - I just confirmed they're on (we're on the same Wifi network) and she just got another Amber Alert. Nothing for me.

How do I fix this? Is this a T-Mobile or Apple problem?

Is there anything else in Location Services I need to enable?

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

do you have location based alerts disabled in privacy > location services > system services?

3. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

No - but neither does my wife and her alerts are still coming through.

I can turn it on but I didn't think I needed to.

4. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Careful what you ask for, ha. I have been alerted to flash floods every hour on the hour some nights when we have a lot of rain. I personally am not near anything that would flood but I am close enough I guess to what they consider an area in need of warning.

As for your alerts, nothing I can think of outside of turning them on. The alerts are not tied to your number but your current location. I have been alerted while traveling in the past. Location based alerts is on for me in the system settings.

5. Corgirat macrumors member

I have 6s+ and my bf has 5s. Both on 1 t-mobile account and on same wifi. I got my amber alert about 3-4 hours after his... Why?