Government Discount on iPad? Questions

Discussion in 'iPad' started by agjake01, Oct 31, 2010.

1. agjake01 macrumors regular

All -

Thinking of picking up an iPad and have a few questions.

I have an IP4, is the iPad worth the purchase? I was thinking of a 16G, is this big enough? Considering all the tablets scheduled for release soon, is the iPad worth $499 or should I wait and consider a different tablet.

Lastly.. Does Apple offer a hardware discount off of the iPad for Government or Law Enforcement? I looked in the Apple GOVT store and it doesn't list a discount off the retail price?

Thanks to all!

2. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

You need to answer your own questions.
    Is it big enough for what? What do you intend to do with it?
    Is it worth it since you have iP4? Again, what do you plan on doing with it? I prefer the bigger screen even for tasks that the iPhone can easily do.

If there are no discounts listed on their site then there are no discounts. I've looked on their gov't site as well and only computers and software get the discounts I think.

3. agjake01 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the response.. I'm happy with my IP4 but I do agree that it would be nicer to have a bigger screen to browse. The purchase would actually be for my wife. She really wants something that can double as a reader but with internet access/email. I know Barnes and Noble is coming out with the Nook Color, just not sure if you'll be able to send email / post to FB etc. Guess I'll have to wait and see next month..

If the iPad was $100 less I'd do it now.

4. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Ah, well then ask her if she plans on storing a lot of your media on it. 16GB isn't much for keeping a lot of videos and pictures locally. But if it's more for reading than for watching movies then it is perfect. Books don't take a lot of space. If videos are important to her, you have some streaming options available so you don't have store locally.

I have the 16GB wifi and a 16GB iP4. My iP4 keeps my favorite music, and my iPad right now store music videos, a season of whatever TV show I'm watching at the moment, my books, magazines, and documents. I think it's pretty well filled out with around 2GB free.