governmental discount rules

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Apfik, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Apfik macrumors newbie

Hi all, I am just around to buy two Macbooks (MBP15 for me and MBA11 for my girlfriend).
    I know that I can get governmental discount but I am not sure what I can get on it. I have seen somewhere short list with what you can get with governmental discount but I don't remember what was there exactly. I guess that I can get only one macbook in one year but what about applecare? Can I get two? It will be still quite big saving.
    I actually asked at apple store and they double check like five times with other stuff and the conclusion was "maybe you can get everything" so it is little bit unclear and I guess it is better to ask.
    Thank you

2. iceblade macrumors member

The online store for both federal and state employees indicates that it applies to computers (based on the price difference). Everything else seems to have standard pricing. I didn't read where it said the limit was, but I would imagine it is one laptop a year, one desktop a year, etc. That is how it is with the education discount (I have more experience with that than the government stuff).

Hope it helps.

3. Apfik thread starter macrumors newbie