Gp2x F-200

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by risc, Jun 15, 2008.

1. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Around a week ago I received my GP2X F-200 from PlayAsia. What an amazing portable.

Just wondering if anyone else here has one?

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I wanted a GP2X for a while now, but I think the lack of constant, original games put me off it and the PSP Slim took over the emulator and homebrew front for me.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

The new off shoot of the gp2x project should appear in july. Entitled Pandora it has full qwerty keyboard, USB host, 800x480 touch screen, wifi, two sd slots, the latest open gl 2.0 3d hardware and a state of the art 600mhz cortex CPU.

Its a bad time to have bought the last gen ;)

4. risc thread starter macrumors 68030

risc

I know about the Pandora _but_ I purchased a F-200 because I wanted a portable console not computer. :rolleyes:

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

:p i'm only winding you up.

I'd be interested in the pandora when it comes out to see how much it eventually retails for.

The processor upgrade from 200mhz to 600mhz would be the real eye opener as for opening up better emulation for things like the NeoGeo emulator which is a little sluggish on the current GP2X

6. risc thread starter macrumors 68030

risc

Yeah I'm interested in seeing what they do with the Pandora myself. Not sure if I'll buy 1 but I'll definitely keep an eye on it.

Not sure if you've used a GP2X or not but I've got GNGeo2X (the Neo Geo emulator) installed and it runs perfectly fine with the GP2X clocked at 240 MHz per core. I get around 55-60 FPS and everything including the Uni-bios hack works perfectly. The only issues I've found have to do with the quality of the emulation (not the speed) a couple of games I tested while they displayed perfectly had sound issues. These issues disappeared when I tried the same games in MAME4ALL.